[Pro] Help - Can't open files

I’m a new user of Freeway Pro 6 and am baffled - need help asap. I was working on my site yesterday with very good results. I published the pages and previewed in browser - everything seemed fine. This morning when I started working on it again, Freeway “quit unexpectedly”. I restarted it and went to open “Recent” to access my files. The files were not listed. I clicked on “Open” to click on the index file and it was grayed out - along with all other html files. Then I went to Finder to look at the Site Folder containing all the files. I control clicked on the index file to open in Freeway Pro 6. It opened - but all by itself. The other files in the site folder were not there and the index page was very messed up as far as where graphics and text were arranged. Am I missing something very obvious? Any help I can get is very much appreciated!!! Supposed to have website up soon.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Too bad your first attempt crashed like this, but let’s see what’s left for you to work with.

You have a site folder which contains the html-output, including the css-files and resources.

This is nice, but this is just the output, the product. You can’t work with this in Freeway. You don’t open a pdf file in InDesign, it’s output, not the work document.

So, there have to be 2 files generated by Freeway to work with next to the site folder: the yourfilename.freeway and yourfilename.fwbackup

Can you locate these 2 files?

It’s the .freeway file Freeway works with, and -as you probably already guessed- the .fwbackup is the … backup.

When the .freeway file is corrupted or deleted, and you do have the .fwbackup file … you can open this file in Freeway :

• Press and hold the Alt-key and go to Menubar > File > Open Backup…
  • Locate and select the .fwbackup file

(Alt+Cmnd+O does the same)

When you can’t find neither .freeway nor the .fwbackup file, you might need to turn to TimeMachine and just recover the last saved files to your harddisc. Hopefully the last saved version is the golden master :slight_smile:

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options