[Pro] How to force tighter paragraph spacing?

I’m a relative newbie to Freeway Pro (about 3 weeks). I really love this app. I’ve been able to find solutions to everything so far, but here’s one I can’t figure out or find in the manual.

I have some tabular data in two columns. In the right-hand column, I need some of the table cells to contain multiple paragraphs. I’ve got the spacing I want WITHIN each paragraph by using 22px leading. The problem is in the spacing between paragraphs, which I want to be only slightly larger than the line-to-line spacing within the paragraphs.

I thought I could simply change the “space before” and “space after” paragraph settings for the applicable style, but that’s not working. I’ve tried changing the space before and space after settings all the way down to 0px. It displays properly (that is, with no extra spacing between paragraphs) in the page editor, but when I preview the page in Freeway’s Preview or in the browser preview, the paragraphs still have extra spacing between them.

I found something in a Power Tip on page 228 of the Freeway Reference that looks like it might be relevant:

“Power Tip: An alternative—and powerful—method of providing a “base” style which affects your whole web site design is to customize the predefined

style. Edit the style using the Edit Styles dialog box to add font, size,
color, paragraph attributes, etc. When you draw an HTML item anywhere in your design it will automatically assume the settings of the default

tag.”

I’m guessing that might mean there’s already a predefined or default

style, and it’s somehow overriding the between-paragraph spacings I’m trying to achieve within the table, but that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. If it’s true, how do I get access to the

style to edit it? Even so, I would think that the custom style I’ve specified for the table or table cells in question should override the default, not the other way around.

Anyhow, this one has me stumped. I’ll be most grateful for any help more experienced users might offer.

Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Never mind—I figured it out on my own.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options