[Pro] iFrame Content Responsive

Hi guys,

basically I hate yesterdays’ design techniques such as table-layouts, glossy pill-shapes with heavy shadows and iFrame embedding.

Talking about the latter, I’m aware that some remote content can be made responsive such as Vimeo or YouTube videos.

But what about a HTML construct?

Am I correct when I say that this can’t be targeted from the “parent-page” or is this a bit too short viewed and overdosed - or even wrong?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Cheers

Thomas

PS:

It’s about a shower-enclosure configurator, but at the current point I’m not authorized telling much more. The core they have is ugly, ugly static and based on SQL calls (as far as I saw) - so apologize for not serving a link right now (perhaps later). But before I start mumbling and grumbling, I’d like to be sure to tell our business partners the correct things :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Yes…and no.

If the content is being loaded from the same domain, you can use JS to make it responsive. I can’t remember the mechanics of how this works though, as I’ve not had to do this for several years.

On the other hand, if the content is from a different domain, then, no, you cannot make the content in the iframe responsive. This is a security issue. The most you can do here is make the iframe flexible.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Thomas and Caleb…
actually it can be done even if it’s not on the same domain name but it does require you to have access to both sides so the content of the iframe and the page its being shown on.
I have a copy of the code at work and tomorrow I will post it here

kind regards max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ok this is an example using freeway

Main page:
you need to copy the code in the Page/ HTMLMarkup and that resides in Before: and in Before:
and change the iframe source from this:

<iframe src="http://max-izzat.co.uk/billy/frame.content.html" 

to what ever your blog address is.

Target page:
the target page also needs code in Page/ HTMLMarkup and that resides in Before: and in Before:
IMPORTANT in the target page you need you need to remove the style html:height:100% after the page has been published and you will probably need to do that by hand via a text editor

Final stage :
you need to put the folder js which contains the javascript files next to both the blog page where ever that resides and next to your freeway page when published

All the best max

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0e6o2gqbvr1oo0/iframeexample.zip?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max,

thanks so much for your efforts. This would be even possible (access on both hosts) - so I put it in my treasure box for a moment.

Am not sure right now what to say cause those “shower config people” are helpless old-fashioned and I’d like to push them into a “native” embedding solution, just because I (try to) think a bit bigger. If it comes to this configurator, it needs to be embeddable in all thinkable frameworks and CMS systems, inevitable so. Perhaps and just a guess - cause the reality will show that I’m unasked anyway :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thnx a lot Max, this was just an issue who popups at my desk this week!

2015-10-27 9:02 GMT+01:00 Thomas Kimmich email@hidden:

Hi Max,

thanks so much for your efforts. This would be even possible (access on
both hosts) - so I put it in my treasure box for a moment.

Am not sure right now what to say cause those “shower config people” are
helpless old-fashioned and I’d like to push them into a “native” embedding
solution, just because I (try to) think a bit bigger. If it comes to this
configurator, it needs to be embeddable in all thinkable frameworks and CMS
systems, inevitable so. Perhaps and just a guess - cause the reality will
show that I’m unasked anyway :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options