[Pro] In-line graphics jump out of text box

Hello all,
Is anyone else having problems with in-line graphics not staying put? I have followed the instruction to place the cursor where you want the graphic to appear, and then ‘Insert graphic item’. This works fine, I then resize the box for the graphic and it works ok.
However, I can’t alter the position of the graphic inside the text box (that might be normal?) but even just touching it causes it to jump around, usually to the bottom of the text box, or half in and half out, and with little choice but to start again.
Is this behaviour normal?
I’ve tried to avoid using this method before, but I’m now struggling with my first responsive site, where I’m advised these are needed. Any advice on how to control these?
Thanks in advance…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If something is positioned in this way - known as “in line” - then it’s fixed in the text flow. You can reposition it, but you do so in the context of the flow of text. You can’t drag it elsewhere on the page. It just won“t work.

This is much the same as if you had images in Pages or Word that are set to follow the flow of the text. They are embedded in the content.

The behaviour you see - with it jumping around - is something I see when I’m working on responsive sites (which are built primarily using this in line method). It seems that just clicking on an item with my Magic Mouse can cause it to be repositioned in the flow if a touch/drag event is detected. These touch/drag events seem very sensitive, and Freeway will respond by throwing the object around, sometimes causing a reflow which is very dramatic. If you manage to trigger two of these events in quick succession, the one undo can rapidly become a source of immense frustration.

So, sadly, yes. Normal behaviour as far as I can tell. I’ve not really come across a solution, other than being very careful with how your use the mouse, and saving often so that Revert to Save can return you to at least a condition that you can try again from.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks Paul,

At least I know it isn’t me!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden