[Pro] Incorrect Font size on iPhone in Landscape

I am having problems getting my site to render correctly on iPhone in landscape. I have made a very simple page to illustrate the problem.
The page has an html container and two in-flow html items. The first has a width of 100% and contains some text. The second has a fixed width of 200px and some text. I have adjusted the page width using the default media break points. On my iMac, iPad in portrait and landscape, and iPhone 6S in portrait the size of the text in both html items is the same. On the iPhone 6S in landscape, the font size in the first html item is significantly larger than in the second. (On my iPhone 5, the font size is the same in both items in both portrait and landscape but in landscape the font size and the fixed width box are bigger than in portrait.) Any help appreciated. I am using Freeway Pro 7.1.1. Screen grabs from the 6S are in 6S_Portrait.png and 6S_Landscape.png.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I am having problems getting my site to render correctly on iPhone in landscape.

As you are probably aware Safari in iOS uses some assistive technologies to help viewers read text on a page where it considers it is not readable enough.

That is what is happening on your page.

The actual algorithms involved to determine what text should be affected are not easy to fathom but you can influence the whole text resizing thing by adding some CSS to your page, section of a page or just a section of text.

The code you need to add is -webkit-text-size-adjust:100%

So if you just wanted to target just your mainText style you could do it by adding in the extended section of your style

-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%

Or you could be more specific and only target your m2 Div by adding the following into Page>Html Markup in the Before section

<style type="text/css">
#m2 {-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%}
</style>

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Many thanks for your explanation and solution.

Regards
Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hummm. Working OK now on iPhone 6 but on iPhone 5 the font size is the same in both items in portrait and the same in both items in landscape but in landscape the font size and the fixed width box are bigger than in portrait. i.e. no change with the extra markup. Screen grabs in 5_Portrait.png and 5_Landscape.png.

Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

in landscape the font size and the fixed width box are bigger than in portrait.

You have only applied the markup to the m1 item

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

on iPhone 5 the font size is the same in both items in portrait and the same in both items in landscape but in landscape the font size and the fixed width box are bigger than in portrait.

Looks fine on my 5S

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Upgrading the iPhone 5 to iOS 9.2 has fixed the problem. Thanks once more for your help.

regards
Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden