[Pro] iOS and background no-scroll

I’ve found that using Background Supersizer set to one image is a way to have an image fixed in window as page background working with iOS.

Any better/simpler solutions out there?

Kind regards,

Jon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Not aware if better (or simpler), but worth a try:

Apply the image as background to your page. Set it to whatever orientation, no tiling, background size: cover and uncheck the background-scroll tick. See what happens.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you, Thomas , but doesn’t work on iOS media, I’m afraid.

Apparently Apple in its wisdom doesn’t want this. The reason? To quote Joe Billings in an earlier thread I found: “…fixed backgrounds aren’t support in iOS (on any element. It’s all to do with how the system handles scrolling web pages. When you scroll what you’re actually seeing is a graphical representation of the page, not the page itself. This is done to cut down on computation which in turn results in better battery performance.”

How Background Supersizer makes things happen I have no idea.

Kind regards,

Jon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ah - I see (I don’t have an iOS device to test it, apologize).

I remember this issue for Parallax as well. The argument was, that the lowest HTML level is preserved for system (scroll, touch, swipe things).

Well - JS has indeed a bit more power to influence making things happen.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Has anyone tried any of the methods suggested here (or other methods) to be able to have fixed backgrounds that cover that work on computers, Androids and iOS?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Only tried it on iOS - http://www.deltadesign.co/FW7Test/full-bg-image-responsive.html

The first answer at html - background: fixed no repeat not working on mobile - Stack Overflow

Interested to hear how it behaves on other devices.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden