[Pro] iPad/iPhone reply to Freeway Pro generated HTML email

I am sending out an HTML mail that was generated with Freeway Pro 6.1.2. When a reply is generated with either an iPhone or an iPad (may be the same for any smart phone or tablet, I only have access to iPhone and iPad) the reply portion is a very, very tiny thumbnail of the original HTML email that is too, too small to view or see what is being typed. This does not happen when replying using Apple Mail on a Mac.

I can tell that I am able to type a response, but as the thumbnail is literally less than 1" square it is impossible to read nor even tell what the HTML graphic is.

As I mentioned, I created the HTML mail using Freeway Pro 6.1.2 following the guidelines of the Softpress Knowledgebase: Create Email Action page - Create Email Action - Freeway - Softpress Talk . As far as I can tell no elements are layers and the page was designed in table mode not CSS.

The email was generated via a preview of the page and using Safari Share>Email This Page (Safari 7.1.5).

So far I have not had any problems with anyone viewing the email, and it comes across as expected when viewed in Apple Mail, and not respondents have complained that they couldn’t view it.

But when they try to respond using an iPad or iPhone the only way they could view a response is to type it into the subject box.

I am not a web designer, other than my own sight, but I have spoken with my neighbors who do web design (though not with Freeway Pro) and they have never seen anything like it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

kennyd

http://www.kennydixondp.com/email/3xpromo.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

When a reply is generated with either an iPhone or an iPad (may be the same for any smart phone or tablet, I only have access to iPhone and iPad) the reply portion is a very, very tiny thumbnail of the original HTML email that is too, too small to view or see what is being typed.

Maybe I am being thick but can you clarify what you mean by ‘the reply portion’.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

It appears something happened to my original reply, so hopefully it doesn’t show up twice.

After hitting the reply button on your iPad or iPhone a text area is generated just underneath the subject line. It is in this area that a message - like this one - is then typed out. But instead of a blank text area, there is a very small thumbnail of the original email in the upper left hand corner. But rather than the cursor being placed next to that small thumbnail, the cursor is actually within the thumbnail. This thumbnail is less than 1" square, so being able to see what text you are typing is virtually impossible.

This does not happen when using Apple Mail, which works as it should.

To visual, the usual text area for the reply is like an envelope or sheet of paper and the thumbnail is like a small stamp in the upper left corner. But rather than writing on the envelope or paper, the iPad is wanting to write on the stamp. Essentially my email recipients cannot reply directly to the email via an iPad or iPhone.

Hope that helps.

kennyd

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

a text area is generated just underneath the subject line. It is in this area that a message - like this one - is then typed out. But instead of a blank text area, there is a very small thumbnail of the original email in the upper left hand corner.

Not seeing that on my iPhone or iPad.

My reply is set to be before any quoted text so the cursor appears as the first item after the Subject line

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Let me try again. It seems that what is happening is that the entire reply box, including the reply before any quoted text, is all being shrunk down. So where normally you would see your cursor and then the quoted text - or in this case the quoted text and the HTML image, all of that is being reduced about 90%, including the cursor before the quoted text.

I would be happy to send you one of the emails I am sending out so that you can try it yourself. Perhaps that is the easiest way to see what I am apparently not doing a good job of describing.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I would be happy to send you one of the emails I am sending out

Email address at my people page

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just sent you an email, will contain kenny dixon on the subject line.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just sent you an email,

I see the issue but I am afraid that I dont have a solution other than reformatting your html email

To me when I receive something like this it should contain a call to action.

Yours doesn’t really say anything to me other than show some pictures that are meaningless in their own right.

I think that if you are after self promotion I would have some decent sized text explaining what I am all about - probably laid out in a more vertical way ie taller than wide for viewing in typical email clients.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden