[Pro] Is Image Alt Text There?

For upload speed reasons, I uncheck Display on my images for the 480 and 320 breakpoints.

My question: in the 480 and 320 webpage displays online, are the search engines still crediting the image alt text to my webpage, even though the images are not displayed at these lower breakpoints? (They are displayed at Tablet and Default)

http://www.jimfeeney.org/word-from-God-changed-my-life.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Correction: “For download speed reasons” when people access my pages on the internet.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 9 Jul 2015, 6:09 am, Jim Feeney wrote:

For upload speed reasons, I uncheck Display on my images for the 480 and 320 breakpoints.

My question: in the 480 and 320 webpage displays online, are the search engines still crediting the image alt text to my webpage, even though the images are not displayed at these lower breakpoints? (They are displayed at Tablet and Default)

Tending to say: A big Yes - cause the image, the alt-Text included is still part of the HTML (the DOM). Uncheck its visibility is just a CSS-property.

But there we are:

Although “not visible” - resources will be loaded anyway. So you have no win by just hiding a loaded resources.

Alternative method:

Assumed you’d add a HTML-item and apply the image as background-image, you’d have to have the opportunity to “change” the background-image at a smaller breakpoint to a much smaller version. But this method only works for background-images (the CSS way displaying figures)!!!

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Thomas. That clears up the question of the alt text being read. Yes, it will.

The image at the top of the page has been done inline with an Insert > Graphic Item at the beginning of the H1 header, followed by a Return and Align Center to put it centered at the top of my text (also deselecting it as part of my H1 text). Within that image, in an HTML item, I’ve visibly added my “brand” — Pentecostal Sermons and Bible Studies by Pastor Jim Feeney, Ph.D.

From my limited knowledge, I think I understand that in this format I’m not able to make the images flexible so as to “shrink” them appropriately into the 480 and 320 breakpoints.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

From my limited knowledge, I think I understand that in this format I’m not able to make the images flexible so as to “shrink” them appropriately into the 480 and 320 breakpoints.

I which format? The written above one? The Pass-Through images?

You absolutely can (it IS the responsive way).

All you need to do is set the width of your pass-through image to 100% and the max-width (the icon below) to 100% as well and every image will shrink (and grow) following it’s parent DIV.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 9 Jul 2015, 8:55 am, Thomas Kimmich wrote:

I which format? The written above one? The Pass-Through images?

In the format I used in my second paragraph. They are not pass-through images.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I can’t see neither a second paragraph nor another image as the one on top - so I’m confused on what you’re referring to.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oh - I perhaps know what you mean:

You inserted as a graphic-item. Well this is, let’s say the old, static way.

By importing your image (which needs to be either jpeg, png or gif - nothing else!!!) you simply need to check the pass-through option in the import dialogue. Then - and only then you have the opportunity to make it responsive.

But please never try this method with any other formats than the above named.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK, Thomas. Good info. Thanks. I’ll try that.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden