[Pro] Jeremy, ready for some inspiration?

Hi Max,

basically I swore not coming back to FWT - but you guys are more than worth breaking with my attitude. I’d like to tell you a lil story.

Recently I wrote my own grid. It’s nothing groundbreaking at all. Just a bunch of classes for flex-grid, padding, margin and colors. The one you’d need for a very basic structure. It could be used for any app on this planet - theoretically. At least for those being able to display remote classes. This is looking as the follows:

https://clients.updog.co/Reginald-theMagicGrid/index.html

The downside of it is, that I’d need to document every single class-names and how to use it. And although it’s been authored by myself, I did hard to remember them (bad BEM I guess).

So I started to review my situation and found out the magic rule: Creating a Pinegrow PlugIn. The problem I have is: I’m so incapable writing JavaScript! So I grabbed a shared solution which had some of the basics in. And then I started slightly adjusting this. And I failed and tried again, fiddled, trial and error and all the like. Sometimes I cried a lil bit (which is sometimes of help too). But finally I got a working PlugIn which does where I was after. I established predefined DIVs ready to use which has some pre-settings in it and the ability just to manipulate those. And even more, I established all properties available for any Library element (Padding, Margin, Color, Text-Color).

During creating this, I often thought on you, Max. I thought about a Web-Yep Plugin. Similar to your action-suite, I can think of creating the same as above described. All elements can have the required code-snippet (such as the Magic Module in the shared screenshot).

All it needs is a MAMP surrounding cause Pinegrow (certainly) can’t display PHP natively.

Pinegrow is great. But only for those being aware of what they’re doing. As a web-designer I expect the awareness of the existing rules in web (HTML, CSS and JS). The point is, that there is the missing „quick-start“.

Think about it and let me know your thoughts. You certainly can hope on FW8 and great movements. I simply don’t believe in all those major steps anymore.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: