[Pro] jquery

Hello,

how i can bring in the jquery library in my freeway pro 7.0 document. When i use an extern php script with an jquery … new effect fade in and all the thinks from scriptacolous … will fail. No conflict do not function … and there i only wanna work with jquery … is their anybody you can help me?

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

<!-- Before end Body-->
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.1.min.js"></script>

Adding this line into the Before End Body Tag of your page.

External libraries and initial functions (in this sorting order) need to be placed AFTER loading the global library.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Danke!

will nun dieses new effect fade in fade out und toogle ersetzen, wo finde ich das bei jquery …

und noch etwas: alle reden von bootstrap … wollte hier bei freeway bleiben da es für mich perfekt funktioniert … nur die “Programmierer” haben ihre Schwierigkeiten mit meinem code … eigentlich nicht mit meinem code sondern vielmehr damit das wenn die mal bearbeitet habe ich es ja nicht mehr öffnen kann und das mit den Änderungen ein ewiges hin und her ist … und wenn ich ein template gestalte und es wird mit einem markup über einen externen php code angebunden, dann funktionieren meine actions wie oben beschrieben nicht mehr …

Beste Grüße
Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Peter,

not the best idea continuing this conversation in german words.

The script line should be displayed as followed:

<!-- Before end Body--> 
<script src=”https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.1.min.js”></script>

Basically I don’t share actively jQuery support (it’s just a library btw - functions are not being expected per se). It’s up to everyone’s taste using it or not.

###Animation

Is basically not a js domain anymore. There is a nice css library which covers the most you are after called animate Redirecting to Animate.css
This is just kind of classifying items, but it should be noted “just on page load”.

###Reveal animation

A pretty nice library (no jQuery required) is WOW mynameismatthieu.com - contact with domain owner | Epik.com which allows you to reveal animations on page scroll

It should be noted, that both products are center themes of my (paid) Lounge*. This should explain the best why I don’t share active support in this talk.

Cheers

Thomas

*This is not to be meant as active advertising of my paid services!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Merci
Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Perhaps another note to your second question:

###Bootstrap

Bootstrap is a framework. A strong one, but nothing that makes me concern. With Freeway you can build robust frameworks as well. The main strength of FW is the HTML part - and the ability to control the framework throughout all breakpoints.

I’m currently working on introducing Materialize (which is another approach) into a Freeway-file. This is so exciting. Looks like so at the moment (referrals are in the page for further infos) :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8231701/cdn-digitalmedia-themes/theGridMaterialz/index.html

The big work for now is to decide which parts to be kept external and which parts to introduce into the FW-file.

I see this as a collector of all the goods I found within the last years - and once ready my personal starting point for all future projects.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ok! i am all with you … but the problem! only a handful software developer accepted to work with freeway generated html and css code. No a handful is exaggerated … i do not know anybody …

I got a mysql database and a freeway pro desing for templates and much more a freeway pro designed “admin-room” “privat-room” " to fill the database … but i found only great problems to work together with an “softwaredev” … maybe: das christkindl bringt einen …:slight_smile: thanks for answering

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

At 10:41 +0000 16/12/15, Peter Kotz wrote:

ok! i am all with you … but the problem! only a handful software
developer accepted to work with freeway generated html and css code.
No a handful is exaggerated … i do not know anybody …

I got a mysql database and a freeway pro desing for templates and
much more a freeway pro designed “admin-room” “privat-room” " to
fill the database … but i found only great problems to work
together with an “softwaredev” … maybe: das christkindl bringt
einen …:slight_smile: thanks for answering

It’s not difficult for a software developer to add mySQL bits into a
FW page. All you need to do is make the pages where you want the data
to appear have ‘.php’ suffixes rather than ‘.html’, and for you to
create (a) container(s) where you want the data to go that contain
markup like:

<?php
require_once("filename");
?>

They have to write software to create the needed output into the file
“filename”. Easy for a software developer. I use a filename with a
suffix of ‘.inc’ because they are ‘included’ into the page and are
not valid web pages on their own.
You would need some communication so that anything they style is
styled by class / ids, and you create those same named classes & ids
within FW or otherwise so you as page designer have control.

David

David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
email@hidden
www.ivdcs.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

You would need some communication so that anything they style is
styled by class / ids, and you create those same named classes & ids
within FW or otherwise so you as page designer have control.

David

Yep indeed, David.

I suppose the communication breaks at the point, an “expert (whatever kind of)” formulates his needs and a Freeway-user can’t follow them. A shame - cause Freeway is so flexible and strong and I can’t think of any major constraint.

We already discussed this specifically - and as far as I remember even on my german Freeway board.

The problem I encountered at that point was, that I simply didn’t understand the basic page-concept, needs and desires at all. Neither in German nor in English language :slight_smile: - if you want so.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ok! yes freeway is a great tool … for lonesome designer … the problems start with bring in cms and crm and external code or working in a team

the code i bring in function, but the freeway design transition and scriptacolous stopped working … now i have to change to bootstrap or adobe dreamweaver or solve the problem to bring in a jquery in freeway (is this useful) … the “no conflict” do not work!

and thanks to David …

the actual problem is this code is working:

but he stopped all transitions and rollovers in the side … (not in all sides)

my question: is their anybody who designed a great extential freeway designed site with connection to a mysql database for write and read over php code … and if their is one … please help me !!!

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve been down this path, many years ago, and I can help you find your way. One thing to realize here is that Prototype and jQuery both do exactly the same thing, and to use both of them is a waste of either. Best approach is to start with “what do you want to accomplish” and then find a way to do that, rather than saying “I have to use jQuery because the AlphaBetaWizzbangWidget requires it”. Prototype is a very deep and powerful tool, too, used to build highly reactive sites. It’s a tool that builds tools, though, so it’s not a plug-in paradise. You could build jQuery with Prototype, but the opposite is not true.

Your footer code could be written like this instead (assuming Prototype 1.7 was already in the page):

var footer = new Element('div', {className: 'Footer'});
$$('body').first().insert({bottom: footer});
new Ajax.Updater(footer, '/cooppressH/common/footer.php');

And since you would not be blowing up the existing code by re-declaring $ to mean jQuery after Prototype already claimed it, your animations would still work.

Walter

On Dec 17, 2015, at 6:35 PM, Peter Kotz email@hidden wrote:

ok! yes freeway is a great tool … for lonesome designer … the problems start with bring in cms and crm and external code or working in a team

the code i bring in function, but the freeway design transition and scriptacolous stopped working … now i have to change to bootstrap or adobe dreamweaver or solve the problem to bring in a jquery in freeway (is this useful) … the “no conflict” do not work!

and thanks to David …

the actual problem is this code is working:

but he stopped all transitions and rollovers in the side … (not in all sides)

my question: is their anybody who designed a great extential freeway designed site with connection to a mysql database for write and read over php code … and if their is one … please help me !!!

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

At 23:35 +0000 17/12/15, Peter Kotz wrote:

my question: is their anybody who designed a great extential freeway
designed site with connection to a mysql database for write and read
over php code … and if their is one … please help me !!!

I did a big one five years ago for my father in law’s furniture
company. With all the combinations of options on each chair, table,
school storahe unit etc. there must have been several hundreds of
thousands of different items. The core layout was FW and some of the
selection popups were freeway with the action that removes all but
the body. There were no imported libraries as far as I can remember,
other than some routines I wrote myself, and it was mainly written
using procedural style PHP, so not in fashion now. (As a programmer
since 1969 and mainly using languages that only have a procedural
style, I find it easier and you learn not to make the mistakes that
OOP protects you against. Less important these days, but I have yet
to be convinced that OOP isn’t far less efficient than procedural.)

It also had a DB schema that you would never use if designing from
scratch. In this case we started with a FileMaker Pro DB that had
been filled over many years. It had repeating fields so we had to
take an html dump and parse that into the mySQL database.

It took about a year to write, but there was no spec. It would have
taken at least 9 months of investigation to write a spec.

David

David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
email@hidden
www.ivdcs.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for answering

“what i want to accomplish” or my project is to create and publish a e-magazin (all articles are payed) called

www.coop-green.de - innovation: bauen . wohnen . leben
coop-expert - innovation: kapital . steuern . recht
coop-white - innovation: gesundes leben (living healthy)

the software who managed to write PR-articles, send as an newsletter, cowork with the advertising agency i called: www.coop-press.de

before i go on market with the e-magazin i will sell the coop-press to customers with the extension to upload PR-articles directly out of the own homepage.

http://www.sinnundwandel.com/cooppress-pk/index.html
to bring in text and pictures the user works with the admin-room.
(press room wählen in the footer (the old script) and than you can change what you want to do … just have a look at the flying toolbox:
http://www.sinnundwandel.com/cooppress-pk/admin-room/artikeledit.html (all transitions do not work … sorry)

i work with freeway pro 7.1 because this software is perfekt to design … the database already exists … and a spec is written for same side …

now i am working with the 3. software developer … and he still always wait for my answer to solve the problems because he said: my software-work is running … your design do not function …

currently I am more than annoyed … and in hope that santa clause bring me a partner to work my project out …

frohe weihnachten
peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 17 Dec 2015, 11:35 pm, Peter Kotz wrote:

ok! yes freeway is a great tool … for lonesome designer …

I’d like to correct this to:

OK! Yes, Freeway is a great tool … for amateur front-end developers.

the problems start with bring in cms and crm and external code or working in a team

Those, already set their level and skills higher know that this isn’t true at all. There are downsides, but (nearby) nothing stops you doing crazy things.

It’s so easy to blame a product, but it’s a dangerous thing doing so without any idea at all.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden