[Pro] just too long, I forgot how...

My mind is going…

I spent a while last year, making my favicon round and when a person bookmarks the website to their iphone or android home page it looks like an app icon.

I think I used a website that turns the .png into favicons for apple devices, android, browsers, etc…

But I noticed that under the icon on people’s phones for the web page it now says “My app” instead of the name of my site Hoffkids.

In my favicons folder there is a file called manifest.json and after opening it I see this at the top of the file…

“name”: “My app”,
“icons”: [

Is this why it says My App under people’s shortcut?

any ideas why it says “my app” and how to change it?

Thanks!

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

ok ,making progress.

I made shortcut on my android in dolphin, chrome, firefox and they all made the icon labeled right.

I noticed what changed is my phone to a NOTe 5 with Android 5.1.1

On my old Note 2 the icon was ok. My new phone and stock browser is the problem for some reason.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Maybe this website could be of some use:

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/

On 17 Sep 2015, at 2:12am, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

My mind is going…

I spent a while last year, making my favicon round and when a person bookmarks the website to their iphone or android home page it looks like an app icon.

I think I used a website that turns the .png into favicons for apple devices, android, browsers, etc…

But I noticed that under the icon on people’s phones for the web page it now says “My app” instead of the name of my site Hoffkids.

In my favicons folder there is a file called manifest.json and after opening it I see this at the top of the file…

“name”: “My app”,
“icons”: [

Is this why it says My App under people’s shortcut?

any ideas why it says “my app” and how to change it?

Thanks!

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks. I do have to adjust the manifest.jason file.

:slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden