[Pro] Layout Tables using CSS Display Property

For the intrepid and adventurous, a brief example of using the CSS display property to achieve table-like results. First, for an un-ordered list that looks like a grid and then a vertically centered button. Inflow flexible and Freeway responsive, file included.

http://cssway.thebigerns.com/workbench/css-display-tables/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I was looking at your example file for some inspiration on something I have been trying to figure out a solution for awhile now. Specifically, I want to use the display table-cell property to middle align text (vertically) within the Backdraft framework. I have included a link to a test Freeway file where this is working but with caveats. The margin spacing between items is out of whack and I’ve tried tweaking settings to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the spacing uniform between items the way it would normally display prior to applying the table properties?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

After more coffee I had another brainstorm and may have figured out an answer to my own question. By keeping the Backdraft structure intact with default properties, if I insert a first inline html item and apply display table then insert a 2nd inline html item inside that applying display table-cell to that it appears to keep the outside parent containers properties intact for margin spacing etc.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden