[Pro] Link to PDF action

Hello

Have used this Action many times, but, strangely, am having problems with it this time. Every time I try to add it into a paragraph it seems fine, but when viewed in a browser it has jumped further up the sentence - immediately behind a hyperlink. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Can the Action not cope with being in the same text block as another link?

Thanks
Gavin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The thing about this (and any other) inline Action is that you have to consider it to be an invisible character of text. All by itself, it cannot be styled in any way. But it takes on whatever styling surrounds it. If you type a space, followed by another space, then hit the left arrow key to move the insertion point between the two spaces, and insert the Action there, the resulting “Action sandwich” will behave like normal text from a styling standpoint.

[space] [Action] [space] more text here, even text containing a link...

If you highlight the entire three “character” sandwich, you can apply existing styles to it, or create new ad-hoc styles with the Inspector. But unless you have text or spaces on BOTH sides of the Action selected, you’re probably not going to get any sort of predictable result.

Walter

On Dec 22, 2019, at 6:37 PM, gavtro email@hidden wrote:

Hello

Have used this Action many times, but, strangely, am having problems with it this time. Every time I try to add it into a paragraph it seems fine, but when viewed in a browser it has jumped further up the sentence - immediately behind a hyperlink. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Can the Action not cope with being in the same text block as another link?

Thanks
Gavin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, but there’s definitely a space either side of the action, Walter.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden