[Pro] Logos jump up the page

Hi, could someone please have a look at the affected page, and you’ll see that the logos are appearing halfway down the page, rather than after the copy as they do on other pages.

All of the pages under the ‘SECTORS’ menu were duplicates of the first one, but only this one is not playing nicely.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, and have a good weekend everyone.

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

the logos are appearing halfway down the page, rather than after the copy as they do on other pages.

Only at screen sizes larger than 1076

What is your default page width - check what you have that set at and how it behaves.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Morning David, thanks for having a look.

The page width is set at 1200px and all looks fine in Freeway. All of the ‘SECTORS’ pages were originally duplicates of the ‘WHY SOLAR?’ page, and when I realised only this one wasn’t working correctly, I’ve copied and pasted various sections from the other ‘SECTORS’ pages to see if anything would work.

Trev

On 13 Nov 2015, at 20:05, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

the logos are appearing halfway down the page, rather than after the copy as they do on other pages.

Only at screen sizes larger than 1076

What is your default page width - check what you have that set at and how it behaves.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

It HAS to do with the construction, it has to do with floats and it’s pretty complicated to debug and explain at least for me. Copying and pasting is not always the best choice. Especially if one isn’t aware of the basic tools of inflow-constructions (float, clear, clear-fix …).

Try to rebuilt it from scratch.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Will do, thank Thomas.

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is it not just #logosbox clear:both to fix this? Worked for me in Safari.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Basically I agree. But it is a fact, that all items within #twoWrapperAlt requires a float removing and a clear to both. And all the items within #twoWrapperAlt who contain floating items require clear-fix jada jada. That’s what I meant. Since he uses kind of backdraft, I’d definitely recommend a “cleaner” construction rather a fiddling within this.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks Thomas.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks again both. My problem is that I’m a very intermittent FW user and I forget all I’ve learned by the next time I use it. However, it seems to be like buses - you wait for one web job to come along and then 3 come in at once.

Anyway, all sorted now - thanks again.

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden