[Pro] Long Page Load With a Gliding Site?

Good question.

I have a theory with no intention of truth though.

The idea of a OnePage design is to cover the “most important” informations on a (pretty short or even longer )single-page. In fact, lots of multiple-page projects can be easily wrapped into one page (because they share on many pages not any valuable information.

The problem is, that you won’t share “details” to a specific theme or task if you do a one pager. It scratches just the surface. More isn’t required for the moment. The Who, What, Where, Whom aspects. But even this can convince a visitor to just pick the phone doing an order or having the wish of detailed infos (brochures and stuff).

I don’t understand your theme and outline, but assumed your client has three different boats, I’d introduce them on the index page, sure - but would never ever show them as a gallery on exactly the same page, never!

Why?

Because shared infos on the index might be enough, but not necessarily have the claim to be enough. Each boat section can have a “call to action” button with read more. And each boat needs to have more information (price, availability, features, images).

To me, everything depends on the theme and the outline you create for it (first).

So it’s a question of authoring first rater than discussing file-sizes or trying things in Freeway.

Another point is, that web design is content. Content is text, images are just its decoration. You’re highly sticking to “visual” things (as most of this audience here).

Modern pages are dealing with short, nice readable text, fancy fresh colors and icons - and a handful of images.

So if I would have to judge, in your case, the outline can’t be a OnePage design - it will be a MultiplePage project.

But as said - it’s me without any claim of truth and wisdom.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: