[Pro] Mac OS 10.6.7 Update

Has anyone had any compatibility issues with the new mac update, 10.6.7 ??

Just curious before I take the plunge.

Rich


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 30 Mar 2011, at 02:09, sampolfonz wrote:

Has anyone had any compatibility issues with the new mac update, 10.6.7 ??

Freeway 5.5.4 Pro seems fine here, apart from the widely reported font issues.

The fonts affected are OpenTypes. Most of my PostScript and TrueType fonts have behaved themselves so far.

All the best

Heather


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I haven’t had a problem nor did I hear about these font problems.

I just clicked install and its been working fine.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

We’ve had a number of reports of font problems causing Freeway (and other applications) to quit on launch after an update to 10.6.7. Running through the steps in this KB article fixes the problem for most people though:
http://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/219/Startup+problems+in+Snow+Leopard

A quick search on Google came up with a number of results, this being one of them:

Joe

On 30 Mar 2011, at 08:24, Dan J wrote:

I haven’t had a problem nor did I hear about these font problems.

I just clicked install and its been working fine.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

A colleague in my office updated and has had a few font issues with other apps. He is not running FW.

Nathan Garner

http://www.austinwellsdesign.co.uk

FW5.5 Pro | MacBook Pro | Snow Leopard

On Mar 30, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Dan J wrote:

I haven’t had a problem nor did I hear about these font problems.

I just clicked install and its been working fine.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I have heard in the past that the operating system should be downloaded directly from Apple’s support page and not through Software Update. Software Update can cause elements to come up short.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I had a brief read of a couple of the linked articles, and I don’t
think that’s implicated here. But it is good advice in general. The
incremental updates assume a “known good” base to build upon, and
that’s not always a safe assumption.

Walter

On Mar 30, 2011, at 9:19 AM, sampolfonz wrote:

I have heard in the past that the operating system should be
downloaded directly from Apple’s support page and not through
Software Update. Software Update can cause elements to come up short.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options