[Pro] Movies

How do I prepare a movie for uploading/sharing?

I know this is a basic question, but it’s challenging me. Freeway instructions say to drag the .mp4 file onto my page, which seems to work. But when I preview the page, I get a message about “unsupported plug-in.”

I have a feeling this is an issue with the age of Freeway and modern web standards, but that’s no more than an educated guess.

Thank you in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It seems this problem is limited to Safari on a Mac, but that it still needs to be solved.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is your page set to HTML5? If not, try changing to that and repeating your test.

Walter

On Jun 11, 2020, at 3:10 PM, Jeff Wilson email@hidden wrote:

I know this is a basic question, but it’s challenging me. Freeway instructions say to drag the .mp4 file onto my page, which seems to work. But when I preview the page, I get a message about “unsupported plug-in.”

I have a feeling this is an issue with the age of Freeway and modern web standards, but that’s no more than an educated guess.

Thank you in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 11 Jun 2020, 7:37 pm, waltd wrote:

Is your page set to HTML5? If not, try changing to that and repeating your test.

Walter

On Jun 11, 2020, at 3:10 PM, Jeff Wilson

Thank you. That plus changing the video type to QuickTime solved it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Jeff,

The reason that you get a message about an unsupported plug-in is because the HTML level of your page is set to HTML 4 (or earlier). If you set it to HTML5, Freeway will default to using native video elements (which are not supported by earlier versions of HTML).

In this case, since you imported the video to a page that uses an older version of HTML, you will also need to change the Type from QuickTime to Video (in the HTML Output pane of the Inspector palette).

You can change the HTML level in the HTML Output pane of your master page(s) or in the Output pane of the Document Setup dialog. Changing it in the Document Setup dialog is best, but you might also need to change it on your master page(s) and on individual pages (if you previously set it there).

Jeremy

On 11 Jun 2020, at 20:10, Jeff Wilson email@hidden wrote:

Thank you in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oh, I see that Walter already answered this. I need to go into gmail and fish some FreewayTalk messages out of my spam folder…

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You guys are great. Thank you.

Results here, if you’re interested in USA trains: Nashville's First Commuter Rail

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Results here, if you’re interested in USA trains: Nashville's First Commuter Rail

Great video!

I also enjoyed the music :slight_smile:

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden