[Pro] Multiple actions at the same time

On the attached page, I want two actions to happen at the same time. When users click on a piece of music, I want to open a PDF sample file in a new window while playing the associated MP3 demo file in the background. I’ve had success using the “Graphic link to file” and “Graphic link to PDF” commands individually, but I can’t figure out how to trigger them simultaneously.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

http://keysynthstudios.com/soprano.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You’re going to have to use a single JavaScript method to do both of these things at the same time, and there isn’t an Action that will write that for you. How interested are you in learning to program in JavaScript? I can tell you how to do it once, for one example, but I will want you to be able to implement it as many different times as you actually need to, so I don’t have to keep doing it for you. Hence my question about your interest level.

Walter

On Sep 25, 2015, at 7:36 AM, Jim Colman email@hidden wrote:

On the attached page, I want two actions to happen at the same time. When users click on a piece of music, I want to open a PDF sample file in a new window while playing the associated MP3 demo file in the background. I’ve had success using the “Graphic link to file” and “Graphic link to PDF” commands individually, but I can’t figure out how to trigger them simultaneously.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Soprano

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Walter,

Thank you for your generous offer to help. I can certainly understand your desire to avoid doing the same thing over and over.

I’m a quick learner and have a keen interest in increasing my skills, therefore, I would appreciate your instruction in Javascript. I’ve got some basic programming experience, so I should be able to grasp the concepts.

Thanks again,

Jim

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden