[Pro] Music website, adaptable to various formats html music players

Greetings,

I used Freeway for about 8 years. It became very difficult to build websites in Freeway that were adaptable to phones, tablets, etc., that also had capability to load music players and players that allowed downloadable purchases. I began using other alternatives.

Since I haven’t explored this in the last couple years, has anything changed?

Here is what I need in a website:

browser, tablet and phone compatibility without having to build multiple instances of my site

audio player capabilities to play audio on a playlist, also using an html 5 player instead of a flash player

ability to purchase and download audio files directly from my website with ability to accept payments via credit card and paypal

Before I go searching for something that Freeway may already have, I thought I should post here to those of you who have been using it consistently over the past couple years.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

All the requirements never were and never will be part of Freeway’s abilities and even expectations.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On May 3, 2018, at 7:11 PM, sampolfonz email@hidden wrote:

Greetings,

I used Freeway for about 8 years. It became very difficult to build websites in Freeway that were adaptable to phones, tablets, etc., that also had capability to load music players and players that allowed downloadable purchases. I began using other alternatives.

Since I haven’t explored this in the last couple years, has anything changed?

Here is what I need in a website:

browser, tablet and phone compatibility without having to build multiple instances of my site

No need to make multiple instances, you do have to make adjustments to elements so that they appear the way you want them to at the various breakpoints.

audio player capabilities to play audio on a playlist, also using an html 5 player instead of a flash player

This has always been a part of Freeway. The HTML5 part is just an extension of the previous audio player settings (using tags).

ability to purchase and download audio files directly from my website with ability to accept payments via credit card and paypal

This will require a server-side element, which Freeway does not have (and never has provided). There are a number of open-source and private (for money) solutions to this problem, which a little research will find easily. Look into LinkLok and Shopify and OpenACH.

Walter

Before I go searching for something that Freeway may already have, I thought I should post here to those of you who have been using it consistently over the past couple years.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Check out Backdraft for responsive sites. i’ve used it for most of the sites I’ve built with Freeway since Backdraft was introduced.

For the music/band sites I’ve built I’ve embedded a few different music players for playlists. Soundcloud is a decent one and you can add a link to your Apple iTunes store for people to buy your music that way. CDBaby is a good one to use for selling music too. It is easy to use and the sale of your download is handled within CDBaby and you get paid that way.

I found Freeway back in version 5 and was specifically looking to build music and band related sites back then. Soundcloud has been a good player but I go to Spotify now. The reach is worth it as everything is shifting to streaming away from buying music.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden