[Pro] Need a little 1 on 1 help please

Hello,

I’m having some responsive design issues, and I need a little one on one help. I’ve built the website listed here in Pro, and the “original” size and the first breakpoint works great (iPad size). But when I move into the next smaller breakpoints (smart phone sizes), I get several sizing issues. I’m sure these are simple rookie mistakes, would anyone be willing to help me in an offline email dialog to help work through these issues? Much thanks in advance.

Using Freeway Pro 7.1.1 on MacPro 10.10.5 Yosemite.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Kurt,

long thought about it and am even unsure if I should really answer here. Perhaps you didn’t know, so I’m telling you first:

I’m somehow the one on board which is known as the stinker. This is just because web design isn’t exclusively an endless row of technical constraints - it persists of much more disciplines. So it has mostly nothing to do with an editor or app such as Freeway. I’m trying to tell you why:

I’m stunned - positively - by your client portfolio. All of them are well known - world wide, and I’m pretty sure you guys do an amazing job. But in all honesty - the web design can’t keep, support or lay great stress upon your high professional way of working.

And I wonder why!

Don’t mistake me here, but page-layouts like this is simply “the Waltons” these days. I mean - you work in an extremely powerful and advanced and even glamorous part of the industry. What if not your website shall thrill them, literally?

So I’d like to spread your request in basically two parts:

You’ve got a problem with “web and its understanding” and a problem with “design and its conversion”. Finally you’ve got a problem in wrapping them both in a stable, ready to roll document. Freeway can help to solve the latter - but the stronger the material you put in there, the better are the chances to solve it.

So in your case, I’m pretty unsure if this “little” 1 on 1 is really much of help. But my fingers crossed, promised.

Yours sincerely

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thomas,

You are absolutely correct- I’m guilty as charged. I don’t want this to go off topic, here is the issue: I’m a film maker and a live event producer. I"m not a web designer and I do have trouble wrapping my head around the design and conversion: it’s not my skill set at all. However- my company, while we work at the high end of film production, is a staff of 4. None of us know web. Our competition can afford to spend thousands of dollars in web design and servicing. We can not. This is why I’ve turned to Freeway. I need to be able to compete against my competition with an interface that allows me to create private pages for my clients when they have a project. My competitors have a webmaster on payroll. I cannot. I’ve been able to design a fairly pedestrian site that I can at least wrap my head around. But I need help. So perhaps this isn’t the forum but I don’t know where else to turn.

So maybe a better question to ask is: Can anyone direct me to a list of designers that use Freeway that I might be able to hire and design a site that then they can hand my over the files and the “keys” to maintain? I might be able to afford that, I don’t know.

I’m sorry to have wasted the professional thread on this, I’m truly a first-timer at web design and just trying to learn this while keeping my business going. It’s taken me several weeks to get this site built, and I know it’s not as dynamic as it could be.

You’re not a stinker Thomas, you’re dead on, I thank you for your honesty. It doesn’t help me, but what you wrote is true, and truth is always the best answer.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You’re already on that “list”.

There’s no official directory, if that’s what you’re asking.

Submit a new post stating that you’re looking to hire someone and provide relevant project info. You should get some responses.

Todd
Office (Chicago): 312.212.3955

So maybe a better question to ask is: Can anyone direct me to a list of designers that use Freeway that I might be able to hire and design a site that then they can hand my over the files and the “keys” to maintain?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Kurt,

it is not my intention to convince people staying out - neither this board nor the application nor web design at all. So you’re absolutely in the correct place - even in a safe space. All I want is a strong and representative audience which says:

“We’re Freeway and we can do fucking nice projects!”

Point is, that there is a topic which makes “everyone” a web designer. This topic is called storyboard. Compare it with a business plan. The stronger the story, the easier the page. And everyone knowing his business - and you guys do, can write this down. So no-one is excluded from this lofty-desire per-se.

Just as an example, I once created:

http://backstage.kimmich-digitalmedia.com/templates/walk-through-the-park/index.html

As simple as this page is, it covers many aspects (if not all) you planned in your multiple page project.

It’s my all-time start, giving answers like “Who”, “What”, “Why”, “Whom”, “Where” in a quick, unobtrusive human-readable and recognizable way.

I could think of your promo video as kind of background video instead of the static hero (such as this https://whiteroom.agency just an example) and you’re mostly done. Live events could be part of the slider, space introducing you main leading guys is available as well.

One project I made out of it is the one for my main client:

German - yes, but I think you got the gist.

Now the downside of the operation. Pages like this requires a strong knowledge about “placing items”. They’re not the “drop&drag” way, this is called inline. But even there is a kickstarter called backdraft. It’s free: http://getbackdraft.com

With all this said, I’m as well the firm conviction that web-design is a job and can’t be covered by two good hours routine piece of work each week.

And yes - I even know a damn good guy here on board who is much wiser and more polite than I will ever be.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden