[Pro] New Freeway 8

We absolutely haven’t got a clue whenever or if Freeway 8 will see the light of day, but fact is that Freeway7 you can accomplish a lot, even though you wil have to learn how responsive web design works. When you know what to do within Freeway you’ll realise that this already was possible using Freeway 5, but nevertheless …

Fact is that no (existing) extension will offer Flexbox support, pure css parallax and all this. This is possible (demo), but you will have to write styles/stylesheets and apply those to your document. In fact, even blend modes are possible, mixing multiple images and create a mask from images. But it’s all on css and your experience level on Freeway.

I certainly hope they’ll get it done and catch up with current standards and even get ahead again. There’s a huge gap between modern web design apps and wherever Freeway7 ended. Fact is that no (!) current app offers the whole list of features that made Freeway a breeze to work with. Internal links, resource- and link- management … but even then it lacked a good css editor like CSSEdit was, or the support for units like vh/vw. I certainly hope this will not be forgotten, and by ‘it’ I mean keeping up with today’s and tomorrow’s web development standards.

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: