[Pro] New MAC OS Mojave 10.14

I am still using Freeway to update some old legacy websites but haven’t built a new site in Freeway since Softpress went bust. I have kept an eye on the discussions but like many professionals, have had no choice but to look elsewhere. I found a few nice alternatives for a chap with few coding skills - I hate Wordpress but needs must occasionally - but none give me the options that Freeway does.

I have not upgraded the OS on my main iMac from El Capitan just so I can keep using Freeway. I can’t just lose old work, of course. Clients require updates. So I’ve held off upgrading until now.

As a graphic designer, Freeway always gave me a ton of control and pretty decent SEO add-ons, even if it lacked an awful lot of bells and whistles, like in-built responsive pages, easy animation and easy parallax scrolling (a la Wix ). Most is do-able but requires effort and experience.

However being a Mac user, like most of us, we have iPhones, iPads etc. They have all just updated to iOS 12.01. Unfortunately that now means I will have to upgrade to Mojave to get them to talk to my iMac. For instance, Photos no longer load etc.

I’d love Freeway to come back fighting better than ever with a 64-bit compatible but we all only have so much patience, or rather, clients do!

So I’m having to bite the bullet now, upgrade to Mojave and hope, fingers crossed, that it still talks to Freeway.

PLEASE HURRY and get that 64 bit app written soon, or else even us folk who’ve held on hoping will have no option but to look elsewhere.

Not sure if and how you’d re-launch Freeway as v8 but good luck trying to get back all the old users who’ve already jumped ship. It may well be me next unfortunately…

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: