[Pro] Next version of Freeway

Hi Richard I hear what you are saying, but I suspect it’s more to do with people will generally pay for upgrades that allow freeway to write new code (as per media queries, css and responsive html ect) but they generally won’t pay much for features which they think should have been in the original application.

I suspect if every freeway user each donated a couple of hundred pounds up front, then there may be the financial resources for softpress to start again, but thats not going to happen.

Walter some time ago asked for a chunk of money to upgrade actions forge… and I remember what happened. Initially there was a poor response with just a hardcore user group who were committed to fund it … At the time I personally thought it was a worth while and great idea from Walter and this a request from someone who has donated thousands of hours in helping the community even after the initial round of fundraising failed… I still thought it was a great idea… I still do, but the realities are the majority of people don’t think it’s something they need to do or get involved in. It’s only when the community get excited over something that they generally get finically involved … no one’s going to get excited by multiple undo’s or a better css editing system or the countless little things which freeway doesn’t do well.

And although I whole heartily agree with you. I to would love to see multiple undo, the difference is I don’t think boycotting upgrades or not embracing other new possibilities (eg responsive site) if a specific application doesn’t have everything I want is the right way to go. Obviously from what you have written this specific lack of function is a big thing for you and I do hope multiples undos happen, but I wont hold my breath.

If everyone thinks my assumption is wrong then could I suggest a
lets get a new freeway written from the ground up with new code a new interface new css editing and yes multiple undo fund !! then once softpress feel they have enough in the kitty to divert resources to creating a new application then they can begin without the fear of running out of steam or more importantly money

I have my couple of hundred ready and waiting any one fancy adding to it?

kind regards max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: