[Pro] One of more html files that don't belong to this site will be overwritten.

The last time I uploaded my site there were no problems, but now I am getting a message that states - One of more html files that don’t belong to this site will be overwritten. Do you want to continue?

Frankly, I’ve never received this message before in the 5 years I’ve been uploading this site so I’m afraid to press YES as this is a site built for a client.

The only changes I had made to the site were to change the code in a HTML Markup Item which is a PayPal button. I have added these buttons and this kind of code in the past and not gotten this warning message.

The last time I uploaded the site it went fine. I closed and saved the Freeway File. As nothing has changed since then and now, I can’t understand what is causing this message.

As usual, it provides no information that gives any indication of where the problem lies?

Does anyone have any ideas? Will it trash my site if I click YES and upload?

Any help is greatly appreciated. - John

http://www.spanish-4-you.com/shophighschool.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This is a publish issue rather than an upload issue (uploading publishes before it uploads).

What it indicates is that one of the HTML files in your Site folder has been modified since the document was last published. This can happen if you edit an HTML file by hand, or if a second Freeway document has published an HTML file with the same name into the same Site folder.

If you’re concerned, you could try publishing the file without uploading it, and check that it looks OK before you upload it. If you’re not publishing multiple documents into the same Site folder, and you haven’t intentionally changed any HTML files outside of Freeway, there shouldn’t be any problems.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I get this message all the time (by which I mean quite often).

If you keep getting it, despite having clicked yes, hold down the Ctrl key and select ‘Publish site’, which changes to ‘Publish everything’.

This will clear out your publish folder and make a fresh export of the site.

Ian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy and Ian - Thanks a million. This solved the problem. Whew…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden