[Pro] Order Form

I am enclosing the information that was sent to me from the host server to see if it makes sense to you. I have changed the “From” field to the email they set up for me. I put the PHP script they recommended in the html markup for the order form page, “before html”. I get my success page when I hit submit, but no email. Is this problem something other people have or is my case special? I am wondering if I should throw out the order form and start all over with it. But, what I’m thinking is that the order form is doing what it is supposed to. It is after it is submitted that it is not following orders.
I hate to keep bugging you and I thank you for your help. I don’t want to have to start all over with a new website, so I continue to work this out. Thanks again.

Copy of info from host server:
We reviewed the script for the order form FW_SendForm_orderforminonly2.php and noticed it was not sending SMTP authenticated email, i.e. the email messages do not get sent via an actual email server. Being un-authenticated is adding to email messages spam score as they pass through various email filtering systems, so such email may be rejected as spam on the recipients’ side.
Also, your script sets the sender (the email “From:” field) to the value of an input field from the form, while the actual sender would be a hostname like lsh[0-9]{4}.lsh.siteprotect.com.
This is basically termed spoofing of the email sender and is often used by spammers, so we would advise against it.

We recommend your script should be modified to use SMTP authentication, i.e. email gets sent via an actual email server, so there is no need to spoof the sender.
Sending emails via SMTP servers is always preferred as it ensures improved delivery, good control over returned messages and is less likely for your email to be flagged as spam at the recipient side.
There are standard solutions and free SMTP authentication classes that can be utilized to switch your scripts to use authenticated email.
We would recommend PHPMailer, Releases · PHPMailer/PHPMailer · GitHub as it is very popular and well documented.

We attempted to re-write the part of your script which sends the messages so that it used the latest version of PHPMailer. We saved a copy of your original file as FW_SendForm_orderforminonly2.php.original.
We created a new email address to be used for sending emails from the form: email@hidden. We added references to the necessary SMTP classes to the form script and configured the settings for sending the email. We test submitted the order form and confirmed the form email was sent successfully. The authenticated email did not get flagged as spam and was delivered straight into the inbox for email@hidden.
If you like you can review the documentation for PHPMailer if you need to implement more advanced settings in your form, like for example add CC recipients, use HTML in the body of the email, configure a reply-to address, etc. You can consult with your form developers if further assistance is needed with adjusting the code of your scripts.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: