[Pro] Page height

I am working on a site where the window background is set to be a color and the page background is an image that does not scroll. No matter what I try or how I set the heights in the inspector the page background will not fill the height of the page. In looking at the attached site, the light color background actually extends below the footer text in FW but when published does not.
Thanks for any suggestions!

http://dev3.appappdesigns.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The images is applied to the pageDiv. Try to apply it to the Body.

I never use the inspector palette for this stuff, I allways create CSS styles, so in this case :

body {
	background-image: url("http://dev3.appappdesigns.com/Resources/brown008.jpg");
}

That’s all … that should cover the entire window (not just the page)

Richard


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks Richard, I have done that but now the image fills the entire window not just the page body…did I create the style properly?

Seth

On Jul 3, 2013, at 4:21 AM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

The images is applied to the pageDiv. Try to apply it to the Body.

I never use the inspector palette for this stuff, I allways create CSS styles, so in this case :

body {
background-image: url(“http://dev3.appappdesigns.com/Resources/brown008.jpg”);
}

That’s all … that should cover the entire window (not just the page)

Richard


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Ahhh … you wanted just the page, NOT the window. My mistake :slight_smile:
Well … just apply the CSS to #pageDiv in stead of body.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

If you try this, remember, it’s #PageDiv, not #pageDiv. CSS is case-sensitive…

Walter

On Jul 3, 2013, at 6:25 AM, Richard van Heukelum wrote:

Ahhh … you wanted just the page, NOT the window. My mistake :slight_smile:
Well … just apply the CSS to #pageDiv in stead of body.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Do everything as you did before (color on body which is the window-bg in inspectors second tab, and the pattern for the #PageDiv which is the page-bg in inspectors second tab) and remove ALL extra styles you created.

Then have a look on inspectors first tab:

Format, Size: the lil icon in the mid of the right column:

I suppose that this is “greyed out” and the value in there is unreachable. Correct?

Click the icon that the value is reachable and re-up this again. Adjust that height if necessary.

The point is simple:

The page has an attribute of min-height: 100% by default which is useless in an “Absolute Positioned Items” (layered) construction. By doing the above, you give your page a height-attribute which is needed here.

My 5 cents

Cheers

Thomas


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks Walter, I added the #PageDiv style and had to also add the page height in px to get it to fill the page. What do I need to add to get that image background to not scroll with the page? I assume it is: position:?

Seth

On Jul 3, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

If you try this, remember, it’s #PageDiv, not #pageDiv. CSS is case-sensitive…

Walter

On Jul 3, 2013, at 6:25 AM, Richard van Heukelum wrote:

Ahhh … you wanted just the page, NOT the window. My mistake :slight_smile:
Well … just apply the CSS to #pageDiv in stead of body.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thomas,

I tried this but that box already had the page height set at 2000px, I also tried taking out the 100% height (in the box above that) but that didnt help either. Walter’s suggestion worked but I had to add the height in the style…. It’s all a bit confusing :slight_smile:

Seth

On Jul 3, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

Do everything as you did before (color on body which is the window-bg in inspectors second tab, and the pattern for the #PageDiv which is the page-bg in inspectors second tab) and remove ALL extra styles you created.

Then have a look on inspectors first tab:

Format, Size: the lil icon in the mid of the right column:

I suppose that this is “greyed out” and the value in there is unreachable. Correct?

Click the icon that the value is reachable and re-up this again. Adjust that height if necessary.

The point is simple:

The page has an attribute of min-height: 100% by default which is useless in an “Absolute Positioned Items” (layered) construction. By doing the above, you give your page a height-attribute which is needed here.

My 5 cents

Cheers

Thomas


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Jeez … the pattern itself looks like sh#t as well … look at the noise :S
Can you supply us with the freeway file? I’ll be glad to help you out here …


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I tried to post the folder to the forum but it was too big…. here is link to it in my dropbox….

Thanks!!

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:11 PM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

Jeez … the pattern itself looks like sh#t as well … look at the noise :S
Can you supply us with the freeway file? I’ll be glad to help you out here …


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

A good time to remind everyone that attachments of any kind – even that little GIF of your logo in your e-mail footer – will get your message bounced from the list. Post it somewhere public, and provide a link!

Walter

On Jul 3, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Seth Rosenblum wrote:

I tried to post the folder to the forum but it was too big…. here is link to it in my dropbox….
Dropbox - File Deleted

Thanks!!

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:11 PM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

Jeez … the pattern itself looks like sh#t as well … look at the noise :S
Can you supply us with the freeway file? I’ll be glad to help you out here …


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
List Options | FreewayTalk


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Do EXACTLY what I told you and not nearby and/or probably.

  1. REMOVE the #PageDiv (not needed here)

  2. Set the color/pattern that way: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s246/sh/4122e948-2ae8-48d7-b1bb-1ee64b28857f/da27abf7b4256376df3d14dd90c422da

  3. Next step: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s246/sh/b3e4268f-db3c-4172-9ce4-8341e86cb051/115ae6569a8d85c9d0d3cb6f9e175c2b

Done.

Creating extra code for this construction is neither necessary nor recommended. And a quality of pattern is a designing skill of the author and not to be judged by a community (just as a personal note).

BTW:

Avoid as much as possible “graphic-text” such as the footer note. Turn on “show items” in the sidebar (for a better overview) and give all your items semantic (meaningful) names at that time you place it.

This lil page created so far 31! extra styles - unbelievable - OK due to Freeway sometimes. Sort them all out, they are mostly style fragments.

I did once a screencasts (unnecessarily way too long, I’ll recast this as far as I have time). Watch it in a silent minute:

http://kimmich-dm.de/wordpress/?p=489

Cheers

Thomas


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

So this is exactly how I made the page in the first place yet could not get the page image to fill the full height, this time however it worked fine….

Thanks for your help!

On Jul 4, 2013, at 3:05 AM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

Do EXACTLY what I told you and not nearby and/or probably.

  1. REMOVE the #PageDiv (not needed here)

  2. Set the color/pattern that way: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s246/sh/4122e948-2ae8-48d7-b1bb-1ee64b28857f/da27abf7b4256376df3d14dd90c422da

  3. Next step: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s246/sh/b3e4268f-db3c-4172-9ce4-8341e86cb051/115ae6569a8d85c9d0d3cb6f9e175c2b

Done.

Creating extra code for this construction is neither necessary nor recommended. And a quality of pattern is a designing skill of the author and not to be judged by a community (just as a personal note).

BTW:

Avoid as much as possible “graphic-text” such as the footer note. Turn on “show items” in the sidebar (for a better overview) and give all your items semantic (meaningful) names at that time you place it.

This lil page created so far 31! extra styles - unbelievable - OK due to Freeway sometimes. Sort them all out, they are mostly style fragments.

I did once a screencasts (unnecessarily way too long, I’ll recast this as far as I have time). Watch it in a silent minute:

http://kimmich-dm.de/wordpress/?p=489

Cheers

Thomas


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options