[Pro] Pages Saved in Mac's Documents folder?

I find that all ~340 pages in my website’s Fwy 7 Pro Site Panel are also saved in my Mac’s Documents folder. And they show current “Date Modified” dates in the Documents folder. I’m not aware of having asked Freeway to save a copy of my pages in my Mac’s Documents folder. Is this something that Freeway does automatically?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

What did you choose as “site-folder” under document settings?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Good catch, Thomas. I started using Freeway in 2004. That’s so long ago I had forgotten what I had chosen as “site-folder.” It is indeed my Mac’s Documents folder.

Is that a problem? Is there a better place that most Freeway users choose as “site-folder”?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is that a problem? Is there a better place that most Freeway users choose as “site-folder”?

Hi Jim,

absolutely not. The site-folder is just a “portrayal” of the live-hosted-version of your page. Leave it there - I don’t see any problem with it.

If you’d have more then one project, it is perhaps a matter of organization - such as a folder and subfolders called:

mywebproject
* Freewayfilefolder
* Site-folder
* raws and artwork

or the like making a bit more sense (perhaps :-))

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I find that all ~340 pages in my website’s Fwy 7 Pro Site Panel are also saved in my Mac’s Documents folder.

As separate files or contained within a Site Folder?

If the former then I would create a new Project Folder like Thomas has suggested and make sure that the Site Folder is a designated destination within it.

Then delete all the other stuff.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Thomas and David.

David, yes, they are 340 separate pages in my Mac Documents folder. I’ll do what Thomas suggested.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden