[Pro] Php Feedback Form action

Is there a method within the action, of specifying a range of similar IP addresses to block—as I’ve found that putting in a start address, followed by a hyphen and then an end address doesn’t seem to work. Would it require a proper array argument entering on the generated ‘go.php’ page to do this?

Thanks, Ian

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You’re going to have to talk to Tim Plumb about that. The only copy I have of the Action here is encrypted, so I can’t tell from the code how it interprets the input. Are you used to entering a comma-separated list of addresses now?

Walter

On Jun 26, 2018, at 5:26 AM, Ian Halstead email@hidden wrote:

Is there a method within the action, of specifying a range of similar IP addresses to block—as I’ve found that putting in a start address, followed by a hyphen and then an end address doesn’t seem to work. Would it require a proper array argument entering on the generated ‘go.php’ page to do this?

Thanks, Ian

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walt — I’ve been entering comma separated addresses, but noticed a pattern of closely related addresses being used to send form spam, and a method of specifying an array would be useful.

I might try to see if I understand how to create an array in php and place this in the file that the action creates. I quite like things like this that get thrown up, as it’s an opportunity to learn something!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The Action currently only supports individual IP addresses rather than ranges as it keeps the code and workflow simple.

You could try adding a wildcard in the IP address to see if that works for you (192.168.0.* for example) but it would be more luck than intension if it did.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden