[Pro] Picture size

I have used Exhibio on many sites and enjoy the benefits it gives. However I often have a problem with (too much!) text overlapping the photo on a page. Many times this could be fixed by having the photo placed at the top of the page rather than in the middle.

I suspect there is a simple command which could be included to make this happen!

All suggestions welcomed and solutions appreciated!

Paul

http://paulscott.info/england/cathedrals/

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This was not an idle question, and I would really appreciate an answer … if there is one!

With thanks,
Paul

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the late reply - I normally follow this list by reading emails, but for some reason they don’t always get to me!

Which Exhibeo theme are you using?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Delighted to hear from you Jeremy!

Thumblies

Paul

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Paul,

Thumblies

Sorry for the delay - I’ll look at this tomorrow.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I have used Exhibio on many sites and enjoy the benefits it gives. However I often have a problem with (too much!) text overlapping the photo on a page. Many times this could be fixed by having the photo placed at the top of the page rather than in the middle.

I suspect there is a simple command which could be included to make this happen!

You can change the size of the text, but I don’t think there is a simple way to change the alignment of the photo - although you can do this if you don’t mind editing some JavaScript.

If you publish a Freeway page containing a thumblie gallery, you will find a file called exibid_thumblie.js in the Resources folder (in your Site folder). If you open this in a text editor (e.g. TextEdit) and search through this file for “top:” you will find the following lines:

top: ((window.innerHeight || $(window).height()) / 2) - el[id].s.startH / 2,

top: (((window.innerHeight || $(window).height()) / 2) - fittedHeight / 2),

top: ((window.innerHeight || $(window).height()) / 2) - fittedHeight / 2,

[Note: there is an unnecessary extra pair of brackets around the expression in the second line, and each of these lines could be written more simply with a single division - but leave them as they are to keep things simple.]

These set the top of the image to be half the window height minus half the image height - which causes the image to be aligned so that it is halfway down the page. If you change “/ 2” to “/ 3” in each of these cases (twice in each line, making six changes in total), the image will be aligned so that it is a third of the way down the page - leaving more room for the caption. You could also change it to “/ 4” or some other number, or you could replace each line with “top: 0,” (don’t lose the comma at the end).

One drawback is that if you edit the file in your Site folder, Freeway will replace it with the original JavaScript file when you next publish. To avoid this problem, you can edit the file that Freeway uses instead of the file that it outputs:

1. Find the xbExport file that you exported from Exhibeo
  2. Control-click on it and choose “Show Package Contents”
  3. Edit the “exibid_thumblie.js” file that is in the xbExport package
  4. Re-import the xbExport file in Freeway

If you make a mistake, the worst that can happen is that the script (and gallery) will stop working. In that case, go back and re-export the Exhibeo gallery and start again. If it works (which it should do if you don’t make a mistake) then make a copy of the script and keep it somewhere so you can copy it back into your xbExport package if you re-export from Exhibeo.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Jeremy.
I’ll have a go at this.
Paul

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden