[Pro] Problem with Exhibeo import

A year ago I created a portfolio featuring several Exhibeo galleries (“Force” theme).

I want to replace several them with updated images but when I import the Exhibeo file into Freeway it doesn’t show the images, I just get the question mark in a small blue square.

I have checked and rechecked and the settings have not changed at all.

Any clues?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Tim,
This can happen if Exhibeo can’t locate the original image files used in the gallery.

Try copying the main .exhibeo file and opening it in a plain text editor. Essentially the file is a plain text XML file that contains all of the information the application needs to read the images in and create the final galleries. Once open you should be able to see a series of paths to the original images like the one below;
~/Documents/Freelance/Holding site backup 23.11.16/content/media/gallery1/d2c08d_1a35f363313e4374a0b35fc38f3ff44a.jpg

Make sure that the image (in this case d2c08d_1a35f363313e4374a0b35fc38f3ff44a.jpg) is in the correct location (namely the folder Documents/Freelance/Holding site backup 23.11.16/content/media/gallery1/). Rather than edit the file try and move the image files to the correct location on your hard drive. Once you think all of the images are back in the right location open the .exhibeo file up again and see if the broken thumbnails are back again.
Regards,
Tim.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Tim

I’ve checked and he files are in the locations listed in the text file…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Tim,
I was afraid you’d say that! :slight_smile:

The only thing I can think is that either these paths are incorrect or the file permissions may be incorrectly set for these folders as it sounds like Exhibeo can’t locate or read the files into the application when the .exhibeo file is opened.

Have you tried exporting the gallery and seeing if it is just the thumbnails that are broken in Exhibeo? I can see byte data in my .exhibeo files and this could be the image thumbnails which the application may be having issues rendering. To be honest I’m grasping at straws here and suspect you may be better off creating a new gallery file from the images and the caption data from your existing file.
Regards,
Tim.

On 5 Jan 2017, at 13:46, Tim email@hidden wrote:

I’ve checked and he files are in the locations listed in the text file…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I’ve tried creating new galleries in Exhibeo and I get the same problem with all of them. The only ones which work are the original galleries I created and imported a year ago.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you are using Exhibeo 2 you will need to use the version 2 action on your page. Your older galleries work as they were done in version 1.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have been using version 2 action. I’ve tried again and again but still no joy…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oh, I’m puzzled now. I had the exact symptoms that you described and using the Exhibeo 2 Import sorted it out.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve reverted to Exhibeo 1 and it appears to have sorted the issue. I’ve no idea why Exhibeo 2 suddenly started causing the problem but as there doesn’t appear to be much difference between the two versions I’ll just stick to version 1 from now.

Thank you for your responses and patience!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden