[Pro] Problem with the "Navigation Css" action

Hello everyone,

I have problems with actions and mainly: “Navigation Css”, which I can not manage to include in a html block.
In the “Insert” menu, when I choose “Action block” for a html block, the “Navigation Css” action does not appear. I only have “Navigation Menu” and “Navigation Bar”.

Here is the information I gathered:

• I have Freeway 7.1.1 Pro
  • In the “Edit Actions” menu, the “Navigation Css” action, dated 08/07/2015, is not displayed in bold font !! (On the contrary, “Navigation menu” is in bold)
  • In the “Edit Action” menu, when I ask to install “Navigation Css”, a window asks me to choose a FreewayPro file. But which and where?
  • When I want to upgrade to Freeway, a message says: “Error updating!” An error occurred while retrieving update information. Check your internet connection and try new". While I’m connected. Usually Freeway announced that I was up to date.

How do I reinstall the “Navigation Css” action?
How can I access the Freeway update again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Test

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 17 May 2017, 8:05 pm, Ray wrote:

Test

sorry posted in wrong section, please delete

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I think you want to select the HTML item that you wish to become a menu and Item>Actions>CSS Menus will do what you want.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 17 May 2017, 11:53 pm, DeltaDave wrote:

I think you want to select the HTML item that you wish to become a menu and Item>Actions>CSS Menus will do what you want.

David

Thanks for the reply David. But I have already tried many things:

• A simple html block
  • A block html nested in another block (and I’m good in Css, the borders are green)
  • Type a space in the block
  • Delete From Relative Layout

But each time the “CSS Menus” action does not appear in the “Insert Menu” / “Action Block”. I have only the actions “Navigation bar” and “Navigation menu” that are present and can then open in the Actions window.

I also searched the actions on my hard disk by typing:

/ Users / michelbellot / Library / Application Support / Freeway Pro /

The three folders “Actions”, “Plugins”, “Templates” are empty!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not sure if I’m stating the obvious but you need to write you’re menu as a list using the list function in the inspector before make it a CSS menu.

ie :
Home
Prices
About us
etc

then highlight the list and use the Text Inspector click List and indent for submenus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you all.

The French forum allowed me to find the solution. I went to the “Insert” menu to create a “Menus Css” action (where it does not appear), while you had to go through the “Item” menu (where it is visible)!
This may seem obvious, but not for me: inserting an action into a block (or item?) or adding an action to a block (or item?) should offer the same possibilities.

Thanks again and sorry for Google Translate

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

while you had to go through the “Item” menu (where it is visible)!

I did write that in my post…

Item>Actions>CSS Menus

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 19 May 2017, 12:42 am, DeltaDave wrote:

while you had to go through the “Item” menu (where it is visible)!

I did write that in my post…

Item>Actions>CSS Menus

D

Sorry !
In the French Freeway we have a menu “Bloc” and, in French, item means rather object, element, … I did not make the rapprochement.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Dave Does the HTML item still need to be a list for it to become a menu?
Cheers Ant

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes. But critical for your success will be to turn off the WYSIWYG part of your brain. Think of the list as a data source that the Action will use (like a database) to run through its algorithm and create the menu elements. Don’t think of it as anything other than a source of text and relationships (parent/child). Above all, don’t style it at all, and don’t try to make it look good. You will do all of those steps in the Action interface, not in the inspector or styles palette.

Walter

On May 19, 2017, at 6:22 AM, agallagher email@hidden wrote:

Hi Dave Does the HTML item still need to be a list for it to become a menu?
Cheers Ant

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden