[Pro] Rebuild

My hard drive crashed- the one where my website was housed- and all the info is gone. I can download the files from my website hosting server. Is there a way to tell freeway to rebuild the site from these files? Or am I stuck with a ground up rebuild?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Is there a way to tell freeway to rebuild the site from these files?

No. FW is a code/html generator not a code/html editor.

As any files you have on your server are html FW is not the right tool for this job - you need the original .freeway file for that.

You could look at an app like Pinegrow to open and edit your html output but FW is not going to help you.

It is a relatively straightforward task to rebuild a site from scratch using screenshots of your html pages as a basis but maybe you should take the opportunity to rebuild the site and make it responsive if it isn’t already.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Your data is most likely not gone. If you’re rich (like most Big Lords are), you could try a data recovery service. And if you’re not rich (in which case, you may need to revise your handle), there’s PineGrow!

We are all considering Freeway alternatives now, so perhaps this incident was life’s way of pushing you to make that decision before the rest of us.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden