[Pro] Responsive Css Menu

Is it possible to have an image as the overlay in a responsive menu on mobile instead of just a color.
Anyone have some mark up for this?

Thanks

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Sure, why not? Just look at the produced code via the Inspect Element option (present in both Firefox and Safari), you’ll find the appropriate div to target via your general stylesheet; probably it called something like ‘fwNavContainer1’

So in order to apply a background-image to your menu, just create a Tag-style called ‘.fwNavContainer1’ (without the quotes) and just approach it like a normal DIV … background-image, colour, whatever …

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Richard that worked. I had tried that before but I left out the dot before the name of the div. I was trying to use #.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You are right sir, I funked up there :wink:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You didn’t screw it up, I did.
Hey I have another question.
I purchased the Freeway templates and I’m adding my content to the template “Retro’d”. I want to place some images into the portfolio area of the template, but as background images. Can you make background images in divs flexible (responsive) much like background-size for a page background?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes. background-size:cover (or fill) will do what you are looking for here. A background can be applied to any object on the page except actual text.

Walter

On Aug 20, 2015, at 12:49 PM, billy kimmel email@hidden wrote:

You didn’t screw it up, I did.
Hey I have another question.
I purchased the Freeway templates and I’m adding my content to the template “Retro’d”. I want to place some images into the portfolio area of the template, but as background images. Can you make background images in divs flexible (responsive) much like background-size for a page background?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I tried putting an image in the background in the inspector palate and applying background-size: cover. Doesn’t work. It works with Pass through graphics.

What am I doing wrong?

Scroll to the bottom of this page and look at the image under “Photography”

http://www.smartytest.com

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I tried putting an image in the background in the inspector palate and applying background-size: cover

Try background-size: contain

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

yes that worked.
Thank you so much.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden