[Pro] Responsive CSS Menu?

Hi there,
I have built and maintain a simple site for my local church
www.stdavidsdalkeith.co.uk - I am attempting to rebuild this site using the responsive features in FW7.

I have followed the basic first tutorial in the extended reference. I have rebuilt a few pages of my site but when I try to generate a menu the responsive CSS menu action has no generate automatically option, I get an error messsage that the field needs a table in it. The old CSS menu action does not appear to be available to me.

Where am I going wrong? How do I create a responsive CSS menu?

Looking forward to hearing a solution.
Julian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

First, the tale of two CSS menu actions:

Back in the dark ages of Freeway 6, when I built the initial version of Backdraft, the official “CSS Menus” action, built by Softpress and bundled with Freeway, did not work in responsive websites. This was a problem for Backdraft.

So, I contacted Walter Davis, and he built the “Responsive CSS Menu” action. This action was similar to Softpress’ official action, but was responsive and had just a subset of the options of Softpress’ action. The world was well.

Fast-forward to the release of Freeway 7. At this point, Softpress rebuilt their “CSS Menus” action to be responsive. This seemed as though it would make Walter’s action redundant, but they have different functionality at the mobile-device sizes. Softpress’ brings up a full-screen overlay, while Walter’s drops the menu down in place. Hence, Walter’s action is still up on ActionsForge and does get some use.

Now, to today. It sounds like you are using Walter’s “Responsive CSS Menu” action, when you should be using Softpress’ “CSS Menus” action — which would explain why you can’t find the “generate automatically” option. Remove Walter’s action from the HTML item that you are using for you navigation, and apply the “CSS Menus” action instead.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Caleb,
Many thanks for your swift and helpful reply.

You are spot on, I was using the ‘wrong’ (for my purposes) action.
I failed to locate the other one this afternoon, but just now I found it and it worked for me in auto generate mode.

julian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I failed to locate the other one this afternoon, but just now I found it

For others with this problem it is the first Action available in the List when you have an item selected and use Item>Actions to apply one.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options