[Pro] Responsive photo and text

Hello Panel. I have produced well over a hundred cathedral sites using Exhibio. With very few exceptions the pages appear beautifully on a desktop computer and on my iPad. However on my iPhone the results are less satisfactory with photo and text severely overlapping. I really need the text to appear below the photos.

Ideas: • Make the photos smaller; • Make the viewing window longer so that you read the text by scrolling. • Place the photo at the top of the page (although I don’t think this would be a complete solution). • Use less text – but this decreases the value of the site. • Reduce the size of the text, but I am short-sighted myself, so I’m not sure about this.

Problems! I have a lot of sites so am seeking a simple solution. Also the problem is just with the phone, so I am reluctant to do anything which affects desktop or laptop use.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul

http://paulscottinfo.ipage.com/cathedrals/adelaide/stpeters/

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Another idea would be to have a Show/Hide action for the exhibio text …

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Paul,

You can hide items at narrow media widths by selecting the maximum width below which you want the item to be hidden (from Freeway’s media tabs) and turning off Display in the Output pane of the Inspector panel. E.g. select “Tablet: 768” and turn off Display if you want an item to be hidden on screens that are 768 or less pixels wide.

If you want to hide items that Exhibeo has added, you can do this by finding the ID number of the added item (by looking for it in the source code) and adding some markup in the HTML Markup dialog (after or before ). This would be something like:

@media screen and (max-width:768px) { #exhibeo_item { display:none } }

where max-width is whatever value you choose and exhibeo_item is the ID of the Exhibeo item.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Sooo Cool! I had no idea…

Frank Harshbarger
email@hidden

On Apr 2, 2019, at 5:25 AM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Paul,

You can hide items at narrow media widths by selecting the maximum width below which you want the item to be hidden (from Freeway’s media tabs) and turning off Display in the Output pane of the Inspector panel. E.g. select “Tablet: 768” and turn off Display if you want an item to be hidden on screens that are 768 or less pixels wide.

If you want to hide items that Exhibeo has added, you can do this by finding the ID number of the added item (by looking for it in the source code) and adding some markup in the HTML Markup dialog (after or before ). This would be something like:

@media screen and (max-width:768px) { #exhibeo_item { display:none } }

where max-width is whatever value you choose and exhibeo_item is the ID of the Exhibeo item.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you so much for responding Jeremy. This tells me that its is possible to make my site act differently, just for mobile phones, which is part of the solution I am looking for. Unfortunately, I can’t see how I might apply this to solve the problem I raised? Perhaps I am just dense! Do you have any ideas?

Cheers, Paul

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Another idea, added to my original set! Make the Exhibio text box a fixed height and allow scrolling of the text within the box.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

I think I misinterpreted what you meant by "Show/Hide action for the exhibio text”

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Apologies for being obscure Jeremy.

I understand your misinterpretation!!

Paul

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden