[Pro] Responsive Video Action Error

I’m getting an odd error that is driving me crazy. This action seems to be working (functioning) ok, but about 50% of the time I get the following error:

Responsive Video Action Error Message

I’ve tried deleting the video and reapplying the action several times. The action has a “placeholder” type of link to YouTube of a racecar and that link itself will trigger the error. When I add the link to my client’s video it continues with the same error. I can hit “ok” and move on, but it’s frustrating and the only way to make it go away is to delete the video entirely.

Is there a way around this? Another “responsive video type action” I need to try? Has anyone else encountered this?

Here is my published page: http://dotyshepard.com/clients/peter/index.html , but I believe this issue is within FreeWay and not to do with the video being linked.

Thanks for your help!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

So, I just realized I have a new problem. On my iOS devices (phone and iPad mini) the video plays full screen no problem. But on my laptop, full screen is “disabled” in Chrome and Safari. I can play other videos full screen with no problem, so I don’t think it’s my browser settings. I hope someone has an idea or two. I’m puzzled…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If anyone is following this thread with a similar problem, I needed to download the latest version of the action from the amazing forge. Once downloaded, it would not update via the normal drag and drop process. I had to dig into the application support folder, manually delete the old action, drop the new one in and then restart FW.

The updated action has cleared the error and includes a button to allow full screen playback. However, I’m now playing with coding this by hand to allow me to turn off the recommended videos at the end.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden