[Pro] Responsive web design in Freeway (more info needed!)

Hi and good day,

Is there really not more info @Softpress than this 1 fast video about responsive web design in Freeway ?

I mean part of it yes_ ”Seeing is the best way to learn,” but I feel there is so much more to be considered and explored the what’s on this video?!

For example if you want to have different images/ logos instead of Pass-throughs or if you want different font-sizes for the media types. These are difficult acrobatics - at least for me as non-professional - more tutorials please!

Thanks to some good and valuable tutorials on http://www.kimmich-digitalmedia.com - thanks Thomas! - I got at least some start help, but there is so much more!

/
with best regards,
Omar K N
Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

here is something at Softpress:

Responsive web design in Freeway

/
okn

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Take a look at this - it’s brilliant, easy and free
http://getbackdraft.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi and good day Noel,

Yes you’re right! And I discovered it 2 days ago when I ventured to the Off Topic list !!!

I’ll check it out, looks very promising!

/

with best regards,

Omar K N

Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Long thought about this (if I do really have a need for commenting this).

For example if you want to have different images/ logos instead of Pass-throughs

Not sure what is meant here.

Changing “css-images” (the one you use as background images of elements) it’s fairly easy to do, nothing new and just worth a try. It’s CSS and everything in CSS can be “changed” at different breakpoints. That’s what media-queries are created for.

Regarding “Pass Through”, we’re right in the middle of HTML. We already know, that we come from “One set of basic elements throughout the entire media range”, do we? To manipulate HTML on different breakpoints, it requires a lil bit more. Long things short:

There are a couple of tryouts and things out there - but there is no standard. And as long there isn’t kind of standard, it’s simply hard to screen it.

or if you want different font-sizes for the media types. These are difficult acrobatics - at least for me as non-professional - more tutorials please!

As well here. I could show you the way how I handle it - but I can’t declare this to “best practice ever”. It’s the way I understand it but it’s damn fair if another one says: “Wrong - because …”. I’ll share my practices once I wrote a proper outline for it.

Meanwhile, the solution here is as well pretty simple:

Create proper styles (h1, h2 … paragraph, body) and do not use inspector (do you?) Once you’ve got a set of proper styles, you’ll recognize that you’ve got the opportunity to change them on every single breakpoint.

I understand a video screencast (as the ones in theLounge) just as proposal. It’s kind of a guideline you can follow - but never as something like “casted in stone”. If you adopt it - good, if you slightly change things - perfect. And a good substitution of missing infos is seeking the internet for them. Every single info can be treated in Freeway - cause it’s a web-editor. It’s a question of diligence. Persisting on the non-pro mode won’t bring you forward.

In my personal (and sometimes pretty hard way of thinking) it could be read as the follows:

An amateur can’t challenge the todays’ requirements of web-design. He should consult an expert.

Prove me wrong!!!

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options