[Pro] Responsive Woes

As always, Walter is most inspirational… he is ever the Dr. Marvin to my Bob Wiley.

I just realized (well, not “just”) that the point of CSS styling is to liberate content so that it can be leveraged into more meaningful forms. In the challenge example, I should have made the non-tabular table data into something like an unordered list. The result would have been visually the same, but would have allowed more relevant comparisons to other, similar data.

Such a result has, admittedly, more of an impact on accessibility and non-human users… results which we can’t measure visually but are every bit as important. However, even I find my own attitudes changing in the post-IE world. I have such a different (and liberating) view of what I think of my responsibilities as a designer than I did even a few years back. If I was stuck in that alternate universe where IE still rules, I might just table-layout the shit out of everything and not worry about consequence. When in Rome, right?

Anyway, I normally don’t get involved in these threads, but I loves me a good CSS challenge!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: