[Pro] Responsive Woes

The more I play with Responsive Design the more I dislike it. The concept is superb! But the way to realize that concept is a nightmare! That’s why I’ve deferred thinking about it too deeply until now. And I am only pondering it now because stupid Google is sending me emails about how my existing site is not suited for Mobile.

I hate code. That’s what brought me to Freeway 2 back in 1999. I am a visual designer. I know what I like when I see it. That’s why tools that have no WYSIWYG model remind me of early 1980’s DOS text editors. MacWrite on the Mac changed everything in 1984. Freeway is the MacWrite of “normal web design.” But when it comes to Responsive design, I feel I’m in a DOS text editor. Responsive is like getting my neck broken in a car accident and being able to see but not having my body respond. I mentally know what I want the page to look like every step of the way as the browser window is fully expanded on a Desktop PC and as it collapses. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how it make Freeway do what my mind wants Freeway to do.

I downloaded the BackDraft DEMO to see if that would get me started. It did. I was able to create a basic Responsive web page. But unless I just fall lock-step into the pre-determined copy/paste structures it offers, I run up against problems. Modifying the template parts and then refining the look of my mods is hard.

I see that Thomas has some nice videos available about GridMeister (i.e., how to properly design Responsive sites in Freeway), but I’ve not yet decided if I really am up to it. I need convincing, hence this post. I’ve exchanged one email with Caleb about BackDraft2, but since he’s on vacation now I’ve not had the chance to follow-up with him on the details. But I’m sure there are plenty of BackDraft2 users here and those of you with Responsive experience (like Thomas) who may be able to chime in.

Please know that this post is not a complaint about Freeway or about BackDraft or GridMeister. I am one of Freeway’s biggest fans and I think BackDraft and GridMeister have their importance place. I am just very frustrated, knowing exactly want I want the web page to look like and do but being powerless to design it that way. I can design virtually anything on a site that is NOT responsive, which makes my frustration with Responsive design even worse. I presently hate Responsive Design with a passion because it’s just not intuitive how you go about it in Freeway.

Perhaps you can change my frustration into love. Toward that end, I would appreciate it if you could please look at an example 1-page site I created with the Backdraft DEMO. I consulted Caleb once via email and Thomas helped me a bit here on FreewayTalk. But despite that assistance, I still have a long way to go, as you will soon see…

VIDEO ScreenCast with voiceover:

The Freeway 7 Pro document that I am using (exactly what you see in my video):

http://cl.ly/1u3k0x382h3B

Any thoughts, comments and kind assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. And when replying, please keep in mind that I am surely not an isolated case. I cannot imagine that I alone am having such trouble with Responsive Design in Freeway. Surely there must be others too who, like me, have been successful in regular web design but not in responsive. Since responsive is clearly “the future” and since the future is now, this is a topic of importance. I look forward to your kind replies.

Thank you,

James Wages

P.S. Please be gentle. Feel free to be verbose and do a lot of hand-holding. The older I get the smaller my poor brain seems to become.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I spent several hours this afternoon tweaking the row of 6 pics. The way they collapse is improved over what you see in my opening post, but I now notice that the Japanese text above each picture, which is supposed to be CENTERED, drifts to the LEFT according to browser window (or screen) WIDTH. I made a screencast of that (no sound) here:

And here is the updated Freeway 7 Pro document:

http://cl.ly/0b0S3w1U2O1O

Once again, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

To supplement my previous post, here is a SCREENSHOT showing the shifted Text:

http://cl.ly/image/3y432d1Y2W3t

(It shows the iOS Simulator running the Retina iPad in Portrait orientation.)

But take note of ONE MORE PROBLEM in that screenshot. The 6 pics are not perfectly centered within their white container box. They all are shifted to the right. (There is a wider gap at left, and narrower gap at right). Why? How does one fix that?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK James,

so let me open this honest and polite thread that I expected since 2012/13, when I started doing responsive design using FW 5.5.

####The aha moment:

All depends on framework and construction ( http://freewaytalk.net/thread/view/127420#m_127918 ).

####The development

I recognized, that FW - which isn’t perfect at all, requires a special construction. This is just because Freeway’s workspace is box-sizing: box, while the browser requires box-sizing: border-box. To adjust this, some are used to correct this via action. Me not. My construction doesn’t require any adjustment.

####The downside

No need of box-sizing? Yep. But at the expense of “using some DIVs more” - some would call it DIVitis - I call it construction.

This is the example I did (very raw - but haven’t had more time):

http://backstage.kimmich-digitalmedia.com/testings/kiramek/index.html

####Some general notes:

Responsive design (if it is design) is a mixture of two disciplines:

The technical opportunity to tell a browser: “At a certain browser-window width (breakpoint) - do something” and the designerish decision to do or not. So it’s not really a WYSIWYG - It’s an anticipation of what will happen if …"

All we try to do is presenting our content on every device the best we can - or at least without any side-scrolling which can cause hidden content.

Cheers

Thomas

Footnote:

The method I used is based on GridMeister - or at least my entire knowledge I have. Please bear with me, that I’m not willed to share the file. But a good thing to do is “inspect items” via CTRL-click into the browser window.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thomas, you certainly are the ResponsiveMeister!

I spent hours and hours today too, but my efforts did not come close to what you achieved. You managed to fix the text problem too. The text above your 6 pics never gets shifted to the left. But in my FW document (based on the Backdraft2 DEMO), the text shifts to the Left as I narrow the browser width. And for the life of me, I have no idea why.

The only thing consistently quirky in your design and in my design is the Search field. If you shrink the browser width to the narrowest point and then click inside the Search field, the field gets smaller. It’s odd because the opposite should occur. When you click inside a search field, it should widen (or do nothing at all).

Thomas, the problem I have is that I need to create a site and then be able to edit it quickly. I can do that with my existing Freeway sites. Editing content or adding content is fast and easy. There is no guessing. I know what will work. But Responsive is different. If the editing of a Responsive website takes as much time as the initial creation, I’d be a fool to design anything Responsive! In such a case, I am more than happy to ignore Google’s warnings about my site if it helps me stay sane!

When I click on the smaller breakpoint tabs 720, 570, 480, 320, WYSIWYG is totally dead. Most every box is overflowed and cannot be seen. You can still select items using the Site Panel, but cannot see your changes until you Preview. It slaps me in the face. “Intuitive” is dead.

One thing I see is that whatever you are doing WORKS, Thomas. You have “the magic” that I need. The only way I am going to get my head around this is to buy a Lounge ticket and watch your videos. When I have time, I will do that. But I am skeptical whether I will “enjoy” responsive design after I watch your GridMeister videos. I may learn how to do Responsive but still hate it with a passion. That worries me because I have always enjoyed using Freeway to design my non-responsive websites. Freeway has been my fast-track to web design. I am not eager to jump on the slow-track.

Thank you,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 7 Apr 2015, 8:47 am, JDW wrote:

Sounds excellent :-), thanks - it’s the result of years of trying and doing - fail and success.

I spent hours and hours today too, but my efforts did not come close to what you achieved. You managed to fix the text problem too. The text above your 6 pics never gets shifted to the left. But in my FW document (based on the Backdraft2 DEMO), the text shifts to the Left as I narrow the browser width. And for the life of me, I have no idea why.

Difficult. I first tried to tinker in your fw-doc, but then decided to quick wrap it new. So honestly I can’t tell you what’s wrong! Nor I am allowed or authorized to judge this - apologize.

The only thing consistently quirky in your design and in my design is the Search field. If you shrink the browser width to the narrowest point and then click inside the Search field, the field gets smaller. It’s odd because the opposite should occur. When you click inside a search field, it should widen (or do nothing at all).

This is something that we should be able to fix as well. It’s just that we have to wrap our external code into an external @media query. As well here: At the smallest device, I decided to make the search bar 100% while the focus level is still inherited from the basic css declaration.

The rest I’ll try to answer a lil bit later.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My main gripe with responsive design is the ‘in-between bits’. Or rather, how the page looks at certain sizes between breakpoints. I much prefer the dedicated site approach - although more work initially, I know EXACTLY what the user will see on each platform, serving a dedicated site to that platform, be it desktop, tablet or phone.

There’s so much work in getting a responsive site to look perfect at every size I virtually gave up doing it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi James,
There must be hundreds of Freeway users who will be indebted to anyone who can come up with answers to this problem with responsive web design. You seem to be very competent with Freeway which just shows how fraught with problems Freeway 7 is, to achieve Responsive Action. I too have struggled to use Freeway 7 and Backdraft2 to produce something responsive, and am still trying to make it work. I followed all the tutorials including Thomas Kimmich The Gridmeister which tries to make clear the box design process, but this seems to be really technical approach to design. I tried the Demo of Backdraft2 and found it very limited, I have purchased the full version of Backdraft2 and must say it does seem to work better than the Demo version. It also has a better choice of Modules. I understand exactly what you are saying about the inconsistencies of the spacing, especially when you shrink the design down and the widths condense more than the height of boxes. Also the text sizes remain the same so what text sizes are small at 1200 look too big at the smaller break points. The technique of using a square pictures as the page shrinks is very clever and makes an improvement. I have been changing the page backgrounds to make the design more cohesive and avoid the stark white boxes, which helps a bit. Have you sent your web to Freeway, they are helpful up to a point, but do not seem to have a simple answer to this, and do not mention of any update to the application in the near future. As I say there must be many Freeway users watching this thread. In the meantime best of luck, I shall watch with interest, the video you have done is excellent in the way it highlights the areas, which are so frustrating!
Best of luck

Judders
> On 6 Apr 2015, 3:05 am, JDW wrote:

The more I play with Responsive Design the more I dislike it. The concept is superb! But the way to realize that concept is a nightmare! That’s why I’ve deferred thinking about it too deeply until now. And I am only pondering it now because stupid Google is sending me emails about how my existing site is not suited for Mobile.

I hate code. That’s what brought me to Freeway 2 back in 1999. I am a visual designer. I know what I like when I see it. That’s why tools that have no WYSIWYG model remind me of early 1980’s DOS text editors. MacWrite on the Mac changed everything in 1984. Freeway is the MacWrite of “normal web design.” But when it comes to Responsive design, I feel I’m in a DOS text editor. Responsive is like getting my neck broken in a car accident and being able to see but not having my body respond. I mentally know what I want the page to look like every step of the way as the browser window is fully expanded on a Desktop PC and as it collapses. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how it make Freeway do what my mind wants Freeway to do.

I downloaded the BackDraft DEMO to see if that would get me started. It did. I was able to create a basic Responsive web page. But unless I just fall lock-step into the pre-determined copy/paste structures it offers, I run up against problems. Modifying the template parts and then refining the look of my mods is hard.

I see that Thomas has some nice videos available about GridMeister (i.e., how to properly design Responsive sites in Freeway), but I’ve not yet decided if I really am up to it. I need convincing, hence this post. I’ve exchanged one email with Caleb about BackDraft2, but since he’s on vacation now I’ve not had the chance to follow-up with him on the details. But I’m sure there are plenty of BackDraft2 users here and those of you with Responsive experience (like Thomas) who may be able to chime in.

Please know that this post is not a complaint about Freeway or about BackDraft or GridMeister. I am one of Freeway’s biggest fans and I think BackDraft and GridMeister have their importance place. I am just very frustrated, knowing exactly want I want the web page to look like and do but being powerless to design it that way. I can design virtually anything on a site that is NOT responsive, which makes my frustration with Responsive design even worse. I presently hate Responsive Design with a passion because it’s just not intuitive how you go about it in Freeway.

Perhaps you can change my frustration into love. Toward that end, I would appreciate it if you could please look at an example 1-page site I created with the Backdraft DEMO. I consulted Caleb once via email and Thomas helped me a bit here on FreewayTalk. But despite that assistance, I still have a long way to go, as you will soon see…

VIDEO ScreenCast with voiceover:

Cahoots — Ann Arbor Coworking Space

The Freeway 7 Pro document that I am using (exactly what you see in my video):

http://cl.ly/1u3k0x382h3B

Any thoughts, comments and kind assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. And when replying, please keep in mind that I am surely not an isolated case. I cannot imagine that I alone am having such trouble with Responsive Design in Freeway. Surely there must be others too who, like me, have been successful in regular web design but not in responsive. Since responsive is clearly “the future” and since the future is now, this is a topic of importance. I look forward to your kind replies.

Thank you,

James Wages

P.S. Please be gentle. Feel free to be verbose and do a lot of hand-holding. The older I get the smaller my poor brain seems to become.

On 6 Apr 2015, 8:23 am, JDW wrote:

I spent several hours this afternoon tweaking the row of 6 pics. The way they collapse is improved over what you see in my opening post, but I now notice that the Japanese text above each picture, which is supposed to be CENTERED, drifts to the LEFT according to browser window (or screen) WIDTH. I made a screencast of that (no sound) here:

Cahoots — Ann Arbor Coworking Space

And here is the updated Freeway 7 Pro document:

http://cl.ly/0b0S3w1U2O1O

Once again, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you,

James Wages

On 6 Apr 2015, 8:38 am, JDW wrote:

To supplement my previous post, here is a SCREENSHOT showing the shifted Text:

http://cl.ly/image/3y432d1Y2W3t

(It shows the iOS Simulator running the Retina iPad in Portrait orientation.)

But take note of ONE MORE PROBLEM in that screenshot. The 6 pics are not perfectly centered within their white container box. They all are shifted to the right. (There is a wider gap at left, and narrower gap at right). Why? How does one fix that?

Thanks,

James Wages

On 7 Apr 2015, 8:18 am, Thomas Kimmich wrote:

OK James,

so let me open this honest and polite thread that I expected since 2012/13, when I started doing responsive design using FW 5.5.

####The aha moment:

All depends on framework and construction ( http://freewaytalk.net/thread/view/127420#m_127918 ).

####The development

I recognized, that FW - which isn’t perfect at all, requires a special construction. This is just because Freeway’s workspace is box-sizing: box, while the browser requires box-sizing: border-box. To adjust this, some are used to correct this via action. Me not. My construction doesn’t require any adjustment.

####The downside

No need of box-sizing? Yep. But at the expense of “using some DIVs more” - some would call it DIVitis - I call it construction.

This is the example I did (very raw - but haven’t had more time):

http://backstage.kimmich-digitalmedia.com/testings/kiramek/index.html

####Some general notes:

Responsive design (if it is design) is a mixture of two disciplines:

The technical opportunity to tell a browser: “At a certain browser-window width (breakpoint) - do something” and the designerish decision to do or not. So it’s not really a WYSIWYG - It’s an anticipation of what will happen if …"

All we try to do is presenting our content on every device the best we can - or at least without any side-scrolling which can cause hidden content.

Cheers

Thomas

Footnote:

The method I used is based on GridMeister - or at least my entire knowledge I have. Please bear with me, that I’m not willed to share the file. But a good thing to do is “inspect items” via CTRL-click into the browser window.

Thomas, the problem I have is that I need to create a site and then be able to edit it quickly. I can do that with my existing Freeway sites. Editing content or adding content is fast and easy. There is no guessing. I know what will work. But Responsive is different. If the editing of a Responsive website takes as much time as the initial creation, I’d be a fool to design anything Responsive! In such a case, I am more than happy to ignore Google’s warnings about my site if it helps me stay sane!

When I click on the smaller breakpoint tabs 720, 570, 480, 320, WYSIWYG is totally dead. Most every box is overflowed and cannot be seen. You can still select items using the Site Panel, but cannot see your changes until you Preview. It slaps me in the face. “Intuitive” is dead.

One thing I see is that whatever you are doing WORKS, Thomas. You have “the magic” that I need. The only way I am going to get my head around this is to buy a Lounge ticket and watch your videos. When I have time, I will do that. But I am skeptical whether I will “enjoy” responsive design after I watch your GridMeister videos. I may learn how to do Responsive but still hate it with a passion. That worries me because I have always enjoyed using Freeway to design my non-responsive websites. Freeway has been my fast-track to web design. I am not eager to jump on the slow-track.

Thank you,

James Wages

On 7 Apr 2015, 9:50 am, Thomas Kimmich wrote:

Sounds excellent :-), thanks - it’s the result of years of trying and doing - fail and success.

Difficult. I first tried to tinker in your fw-doc, but then decided to quick wrap it new. So honestly I can’t tell you what’s wrong! Nor I am allowed or authorized to judge this - apologize.

This is something that we should be able to fix as well. It’s just that we have to wrap our external code into an external @media query. As well here: At the smallest device, I decided to make the search bar 100% while the focus level is still inherited from the basic css declaration.

The rest I’ll try to answer a lil bit later.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I think it’s way better to introduce one of those guys who influenced me the most. I read his book(s) just to get a basic idea of what the heck people are talking about if it comes to the expression “Responsive WebDesign”. This guy created that expression.

If you’re like me, it might change some attitudes:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I feel the same JDW, spending hours to get things right and the result is still not what I had in mind. I’m a visual designer too, simple coding is not a real issue but it takes many trials and errors to see the final result shine.

I love Freeway and it helped me out for a long time since version 3. But its getting more and more WYSINWYG. The N stands for Not…

Coffeecup software has an solution (Responsive Layout Manager, bit like bootstrap, Responsive Site Designer will follow soon) which devides your ‘page’ in a grid of columns and spans. Standard 960 px wide, and you only have to think in an amount of sections (spans) which, once added, mustn’t exceed 960 px. You can produce virtually every layout with it. I whished Softpress had come up with that basic idea in FW7 to build responsive sites. Once you see the trick its very easy to build a page.

Take a look at their workflow to get the idea. Chapter 1: Managing The Responsive... | CoffeeCup Software

Perhaps you can produce look alike workflow in Freeway?

cheers

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi James
I’m 100% with you on this. I have contacted Softpress and obtained a beta version of a new tutorial - it is only half finished but left me feeling exactly as you have described. I have purchased Backdraft 2 and completed my own site using that but feel it quashes creativity (i’ve never like the idea of using templates and this seems like templates broken into pieces - like a jigsaw template). I have also worked through the Gridmeister videos, and although very helpful still left me only part way there.
I’m about to try using Freeway 7 to construct a site in the standard way but just reposition elements at breakpoints to see how that works - sort of a little bit of old and a little new - should keep Google happy and me sane if it works.
However you mentioned you found out how to swap one sized graphic out for another. Can you point me to how to do this please then I think I’m in business.
regards
Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve written an email about all the responsive related issues to Softpress.

I was very capable doing things before the responsiveness. After it was introduced, I get the idea, but all the issues prevent me from being productive and bugs make me have to do things over and over again.

I’m getting tired of this and lost my fun in webdesign for now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Neil, David, Andries, Kevin, and DTP2:
I wish to personally thank the five of you for your honest and realistic replies. You are all kindred spirits. And because I too love Freeway (and have since version 2 back in 1999) I currently seek the best solution to Responsive Design “in Freeway 7 Pro.”

Thomas,
I watched the VIMEO video you linked for me in a previous post. It doesn’t give specifics on Responsive Design so much as it basically pitches WHY we need to do Responsive. I can understand and appreciate that. And since I don’t have “years of trial and error” at my disposal, I may need to review your GridMeister videos.

What I am trying to avoid is getting in over my head. I can design “traditional, fixed-width” websites in Freeway without much trouble (and with a lot of help from Actions and HTML Markup). But presently I am troubled greatly by Responsive Design in Freeway, and from reading the experiences of many others in this thread (and in other FWtalk threads) we can all see very clearly that I am not alone.

So that you all can see the amount of work I have before me, here are the sites I am mulling a complete redesign of in RESPONSIVE using Freeway 7 Pro (all designed in Freeway, mind you):

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Honestly - I’m speechless. And I have to prevent myself from being boards ass… (as so often). And I do hard, very hard.

I expected having a hard time - but some of the comments is a declaration of bankruptcy - not sure towards what: An application or a reasonable way to do web design (let’s call it future).

I prefer to concentrate on my clients, subscribers and work. I think I do better so.

Cheers

Thomas

James, feel free to contact me off-list, I’ll shot you one or two goodies, the only thing I can do for now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve been exploring and working on responsive designs in Freeway for a while. At the basic level, ignoring purist definitions, a layout that flexes to accommodate different widths – as we’ve been able to do in Freeway for years – is responsive. Okay, not “Responsive” (big R) in that this doesn’t use CSS breakpoints, but it does respond and adapt to different widths.

In my explorations of Freeway 7 I’ve found that, in my preferred design concepts at least, it’s best to mix the long-established method of flexible-width items with the new Responsive breakpoints. There are still blank spots in what Freeway offers that you have to add in yourself or design defensively to avoid. But I’m not finding that it’s failing me or that I need to declare productive bankruptcy!

My latest experiment does include a few bits added in, but it’s almost entirely pure Freeway 7. It’s taken a while, but by this I mean a few days of tinkering and creative design mind-changing and tweaking. Not weeks of head-against-brick-wall stuff.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’d just like to add my bit here.

I realise that I’m not the hottest coal being chucked onto the Freeway fire (or even the brightest spark coming off it!) and I still ask some extremely stupid and basic questions from time to time - as Thomas, Walter, Ernie and Dave (and apologies to the long list of others I’ve missed off) will testify - but quite honestly, if I, being a very occasional user, an get my head around it, then I’m sure the rest of you can.

It’s definitely a learning kerb, but Caleb’s backdraft (see, there’s another for the list above) has been a great aid in all of this, along with a slight sideways shift in thinking.

I’ll go away now.

Trev
(AKA: Stupid of Surrey)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi James

Try reading Ethan Marcotte’s eBook “Responsive Web Design”. That should give you a bit a grounding on the mechanics underlying “Responsive Design”.

I hear what you say about not wanting to know about code I’ve been there too. However on my journey of web design has meant incorporating CMS systems into Freeway which does mean learning what is going on under the hood especially CSS and recently responsive CSS. Looking back from this side of things having that understanding has been essential to be a “Pro”.

Because the sites I build have a CMS system (mainly Perch) there are great chunks on a page that is not handled by Freeway at all. Having no idea of the content this means building the sites using the “inline, box-model" method allowing them to flex vertically. Which is good because it’s a short hop to make them flex horizontally on screen size. Before Freeway 7 it was a matter of including your own responsive style sheets, Freeway 7 made that a lot easier and you can now build a whole site to “flex" responsively without external CSS (hacks) if you want to.

But, and this is important! I have an understanding (and willing to learn) how the code is created, can debug CSS issues in the browser, research and learn new CSS techniques which for me are just as much “Pro” tools on equal footing as the “Pro” label on Freeway. They go hand in hand for “responsive” websites.

I’ve looked at some of the other tools out there like Macaw and Blocks they too assume you’ve got understanding of the responsive process to make them work. Freeway at least is flexible enough to build what you want (not what’s offered like blocs).

It does sound like the main frustration with Freeway Pro 7 is having to learn new methods to build “Pro” web sites (bugs aside which I assume will be ironed out).

Now is that a problem with the user or a problem with the software? Your answer will depend on where you are on the learning curve! As far as “responsive" is concerned the “Pro” label on Freeway 7 Pro has never been as much “Pro” as it is now.

David Owen
Printline Advertising

Creative Design | Print Production | Web Design & Strategy | Domains & Web Hosting

On 8 Apr 2015, at 02:13, JDW email@hidden wrote:

I watched the VIMEO video you linked for me in a previous post. It doesn’t give specifics on Responsive Design so much as it basically pitches WHY we need to do Responsive. I can understand and appreciate that. And since I don’t have “years of trial and error” at my disposal, I may need to review your GridMeister videos.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

May I add this link, Walter shared on another thread (where I’m nearby sure it was for this list)?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Perfectly put, there’s no excuses… "Sometimes having enough knowledge to ask the right questions is all you need”

https://medium.com/dear-design-student/working-with-aluminium-503b9d4a5c44

David Owen

On 8 Apr 2015, at 13:44, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

May I add this link, Walter shared on another thread (where I’m nearby sure it was for this list)?

https://medium.com/dear-design-student/working-with-aluminium-503b9d4a5c44

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Keith,

A when I load your website in landscape view on my iOS8 iPad3 in mobile Safari and then scroll down, the page reloads multiple times while those big graphics load, and I see the following text at the top left:

“A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded.”

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden