[Pro] Responsive Woes

After releasing Version 7, I had a pretty strange phone conversation with a Freeway-user. It sounded something like:

" Tomorrow, I’ll write a letter to Softpress! They have to STOP immediately this annoying, confusing and redundant “Responsive Stuff” at all". I was so open-mouthed (which is pretty rare) - stunned as never in my web-designer’s life before.

From time to time I look into my crystal ball and if I would be Softpress’ counselor, I’d say the following:

“Do an entirely new application. Make it the way, that position: relative is the default. Ensure that both ways of frame working is possible. From inner (content) to outer wrapper and vice versa. Don’t create an inspector with typography available. And please call it Professional with whatever Name appended. Preferably say, that knowledge doesn’t hinder and a good idea of position, float, clear, padding and margin is necessary as well.”

It’s very vague and obscured in my crystal-ball - but there is something telling me: “Be prepared and wakeful”.

And an honest word to all Softpress’ engineers:

“You did an incredible good job so far. Believe it, cause I started Responsive Design with Freeway 5.5 back in 2012. The result is still alive: http://www.kimmich-dm.de/templates/liquid/index.html
I’m proud being part of a pretty cool community - at least this part thinking progressive enhanced - whether with or without code”

All the rest I wish good luck!

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: