[Pro] Responsive Woes

I am one of those freeway users who is wrong footed by code and caught off ballance with responsive websites. Nevertheless I build them and, although doubtless full of semantic errors and what have you, they do work. They also look WYSIWIG in design view. The FW screen shots in below are two recent sites. (Text is missing in the boxes because they are all WebYeped.) I have not had to resort to HTML markup except for Google fonts nor extended dialogue except for Font styles and Background cover. But since James uses Times and Arial and has no background images these need not be employed.

So yes James I think it possible to build a responsive site which is good looking, easy to navigate and does the job of communication with the software as given.

Yes I have had to ask questions on this forum and I have read through and saved many of the threads.

This one for example was really helpful in setting up a page so you will see I am saddened to see Ernie has left the building as his examples have been beautifully built and clearly explained.

Perhaps we can have a campaign to bring him back in ? You do seem to enjoy your work bench Ernie so maybe once the dust has settled the bear might come out of hiding ?

Back to my sites. One advantage I perhaps have - one shared with Tim Plumb and Grant Symon amongst others - is that I went to Art School in the UK. Apart from the study of art& design it encouraged an attitude of enquiry which serves me well - even now at 69 years old. And gives a tolerance and even joy of mixing, if only virtually, with characters such as Ernie and Thomas. They not only add piquancy to life and this forum but together with Delta Dave, David of Ineedwebhosting, Walter, Tim, and all of you who either ask questions or give answers have got me a long way.

I would say to James, as I once counselled my students, don’t keep looking for reasons to say something is impossible.

The page grabs —

The sites ----
http://www.paroles-paroles.fr/theatre.php , 1001 NUITS - Commander un repas en ligne à Paris

(All criticism welcome by the way be it about the design, or the construction or the ease of use - Je sais qu’ils ne sont pas parfaits)

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: