[Pro] Responsive Woes

Unfortunately, Freeway’s dated UI (not merely the lack of WYSIWYG) may alone put the product out to pasture. How many apps these days still aren’t Retinafied? And then consider that even with a Retina look, the existing UI is not modern.

Again, ponder the jibe someone in this thread launched against my own Freeway made websites. My websites are Retinafied but they aren’t responsive nor do they have the same look as recent sites, hence the person said my sites were “dated.” Freeway’s interface and lack of WYSIWYG is dated.

If someone can effectively argue that my aging websites will actually scare off would be visitors in time, what then of Freeway?

Regardless of how much work is involved to make Freeway better, that time and effort must be invested to see the product alive and well 5 years hence. I believe that strongly, despite the fact that Freeway has been around with basically the same look and feel since the late 1990’s.

“We’ve dragged our feet on this for many years and Freeway’s still around” shouldn’t be our consolation. RapidWeaver with Stacks still isn’t a Freeway replacement in my opinion, but what web design tools will be around five years from now? If Freeway doesn’t get on the ball and take hints from all that has been said in this thread, it will eventually be dropped by users for something else. This isn’t my wish. I want to see Freeway have eternal life. And because I love Freeway so much, I am passionate about constructive criticism with the aim of positive change that will benefit everyone, even the amazing folks like Ernie, Thomas, Richard, Walter, and others who have adapted to the status quo in Freeway and defended it.

I want to free my mind from what we have now and look to a brighter future. That’s the freeway on which we all wish to travel.

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: