[Pro] Responsive Woes

For the record, I’ve never questioned the “reliability” of Freeway’s approach to Responsive design. Indeed, if you have the sheer design genius of Thomas, Ernie, Richard, David, Caleb and others who have chimed in on this thread, such is evidence that Freeway technically CAN be used to create responsive sites. But again, I refer everyone back to what PAUL Dunning said, which supplements everything I’ve said on the subject; namely, IT SHOULD BE EASIER.

Sure, when you know how to make Freeway kick out a fully responsive site with countless breakpoints, the end result seems to be “reliable” enough. But getting there is far easier said than done. And to be honest, that’s why Ernie and others get paid to create these amazing responsive sites. They get paid for their know-how. I simply would like the power to accomplish the same without having to learn a rather non-intuitive approach to responsive design. And I think all the folks who think I’m nuts and have cast stones at me to date do that because they simply do not know another way. It’s hard to think outside the box, but I it has to be done. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: