[Pro] Rollover button

Hi
Does anyone know how to create the rollover effecting a responsive site. I am using Backdraft as my starting point as I am definitely not a coder.

Regards
Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Just realised the predictive text took over here. I meant to say: Hi Does anyone know how to create the rollover effect in a responsive site.

I used to do this easily in Freeway 6 but can’t get my head around it now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In order to construct a rollover with an inline image (such as you would use in a responsive layout) it is necessary to time-travel back to Freeway 1. There, you would make a rollover by inserting an image, then selecting it and applying the Rollover Action to it, then using the Actions interface to select the rollover image that you wanted to have appear when the image was interacted with.

The two images must be the same pixel dimensions, or this tends to look icky. So prepare you normal and “over” images, and place the normal image inline in your layout.

With the item selected inline (handles showing), choose Item / Actions / Rollover from the main menu. The interface will open in the Actions palette in the Images tab, which looks quite a lot like a spreadsheet. If you click on the Parameters tab, you will see the original Freeway 1 interface in all its glory.You can use the MouseOver and Click selectors there to choose a different secondary image for each of those interactions (or you can set either of them alone). Pull down the picker to Select… and use the standard file dialog to locate your desired image.

When you publish or preview, the selected image will be added to the site Resources. No conversion of format or size will be done, though. Treat this as you would a Pass-through Image, and ensure that your image is in a Web-friendly format and exactly the same size as the image you are replacing…

Walter

On Jul 15, 2019, at 1:41 PM, Kevin McElligott email@hidden wrote:

Just realised the predictive text took over here. I meant to say: Hi Does anyone know how to create the rollover effect in a responsive site.

I used to do this easily in Freeway 6 but can’t get my head around it now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter, that worked just fine. It was clicking on the parameters tab that I hadn’t worked out previously.

Regards
Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden