[Pro] Rollover glowing blue frame

Example website: BajanApple Digital Colour Printing | B2B High Quality Colour Printing

Hi :slight_smile:

When clicking the rollover ‘Get a Fast Quote’ (on the right hand side of the page) this works correctly and takes you to the correct destination. However when clicking the browser back button the rollover remains in the ‘clicked state’ ie white background instead. of red background It also has a glowing blue halo around the text.

• How do I get the rollover to go back to the unlicked state when using the browser back button?

• How do I get rid of the blue hallow when clicked?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The back button doesn’t just cause the browser to re-load the address of the previous page, rather it reads that page out of the browser’s memory cache, in the state it was in when it last changed (i.e.: just before you left the page) and then displays that.

Safari (not sure about other browsers) will avoid making changes to elements like links or buttons that change after a redirect (to the target of a link) is processed. Often this can mean that when you come “back” to the page, you see those changes, since a new render happens from the memory contents.

The focus ring you are referring to is one of those. You will already be familiar with this visual effect from form elements, where if you tab or click through the fields, the currently “focused” field will gain a blue ring. This is a visual aid, mainly used by people who use assistive devices to help them navigate the Web (non-pointing-device users, for example). Left to itself, most browsers add some sort of highlight like this to the focused link or button or field. You can disable this in CSS, by adding a rule that looks like this:

a:focus, a:active { outline: none }

But that is very evil to the people who actually rely on this browser feature.

My advice to you is to not worry about this, since any effort to get rid of it will have unintended consequences. You can’t really override the browser’s preference to cache the last page and return to it without a new request, nor should you, since it’s going to result in a higher bandwidth bill for you and more data use for your visitors.

Walter

On Feb 24, 2020, at 2:31 AM, Tony email@hidden wrote:

Example website: BajanApple | B2B Same Day Colour Printing | Leeds City

Hi :slight_smile:

When clicking the rollover ‘Get a Fast Quote’ (on the right hand side of the page) this works correctly and takes you to the correct destination. However when clicking the browser back button the rollover remains in the ‘clicked state’ ie white background instead. of red background It also has a glowing blue halo around the text.

• How do I get the rollover to go back to the unlicked state when using the browser back button?

• How do I get rid of the blue hallow when clicked?

BajanApple | B2B Same Day Colour Printing | Leeds City

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter

Thank you for your response, advice and technical knowledge on that.

I’ll leave it as it is then.

Tony

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Here is our discussion and fix for Safari blue glow… its an easy fix

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden