[Pro] Rollover Image Target Groups

Hey there kids,
I’m going nuts here. I’ve searched and googled up and down and can’t get this to work.
Here’s my problem. I have some 80 pictures with corresponding thumbnails. Ye said 80 pictures should be in the same spot on the web page. Supposedly, if I assign a target group name, i can go above 20 pictures / images in one spot. Now for some reason, if I have 20 pictures called indigo and another set of 20 aqua and place them over each other, all of a sudden they both have the same name.
How on earth do I make them keep their name, so I can properly assign the thumbs to them?
I could not find a clear answer to this problem anywhere.

Hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Please HELP!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

First off, 80 large pictures on one page is going to take quite a while to download. Not everyone in your audience is a) connected by fiber optic and b) willing to wait. Second, while it is possible to alternate up to 200 images with one set of target show/hide and rollover (20 number x 10 colors) in practice, this breaks down because the “cancel” effect of one image hiding another only works within a single color group. So you could end up with 10 images showing at one time.

To solve both of these problems, I might recommend something like ScriptyFader, which can do as many different images as you have patience for, and only loads the big images as they are clicked or as they appear in the timed animation. The initial page load will be [the size of your thumbnails] + [the JavaScript] which is a whole lot less than [all the large photos] + [all the thumbnails] + [the JavaScript], so your visitors will stick around to see it.

Another fine option would be Showcase, which is built in to Freeway 5.5 and greater. That presents a more traditional “lightbox” layout, but it also uses “lazy-loading” like ScriptyFader so the overall page size is staggered over time.

Walter

On Jan 24, 2012, at 3:28 AM, Gene wrote:

Hey there kids,
I’m going nuts here. I’ve searched and googled up and down and can’t get this to work.
Here’s my problem. I have some 80 pictures with corresponding thumbnails. Ye said 80 pictures should be in the same spot on the web page. Supposedly, if I assign a target group name, i can go above 20 pictures / images in one spot. Now for some reason, if I have 20 pictures called indigo and another set of 20 aqua and place them over each other, all of a sudden they both have the same name.
How on earth do I make them keep their name, so I can properly assign the thumbs to them?
I could not find a clear answer to this problem anywhere.

Hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Please HELP!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden