[Pro] rollover

Ok, I have a page on my site with a row of pictures that I have lined up. What I want to happen is when a cursor goes over one of these pictures, a lighter version of that picture comes up where the original was.

I followed the directions for the rollover option in my Using Freeway 5 guide, but when I completed the steps, and tested the action in preview, it didn’t work like I wanted:

I took the original picture, and added the rollover action to it, checking on the actions palette to make sure it showed on “normal”. I then took the duplicate lighter photo, and applied the same action to it, but checking “mouse over” in the actions palette. I then took my second (and lighter) picture, put in on top of my original, and looked in preview.

When I did, the original picture didn’t come up, but a box of gray had replaced it. However when I moved my cursor over it, the lighter picture showed up, just like I wanted.

So I went back in freeway, moved my second and lighter picture to the back, and placed my original picture in front. I went into preview, saw the original picture there like I wanted, but when I rolled my cursor over the picture, nothing happened. My second picture did now show up like it had before.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, or maybe give me another way of accomplishing what I need done.
Thanks

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 6/7/09 (at 12:06 -0400) Jimmi Toro said:

I took the original picture, and added the rollover action to it,
checking on the actions palette to make sure it showed on “normal”.
I then took the duplicate lighter photo, and applied the same action
to it

What you should do is…

EITHER:

Group your items together

OR:

Unlayer the items,

THEN:

apply the Rollover action. Just apply it to the top item if ungrouped
& unlayered, or apply it to the group container if they are grouped.
(It isn’t essential to apply the action to the group container but it
is a good idea to aim for consistency.)

BTW, you’ll get more responses if you post this in the main
Freewaytalk area. This is an actions-related query I know, but this
forum is more for people actually writing new actions. Not that
you’re unwelcome or anything. :slight_smile:

k

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options