[Pro] run applescript after the HTML cycle

I have been thinking about trying to automatically clean up and tidy the html output that freeway produces and whilst I was testing Balthisar Tidy I noticed that it can be run via apple script.
Has any one else run an applescript savvy application like this from within freeway as a way of tidying the exported html? or at least run something like this from within freeway? Any info about other peoples experience of doing something like this would be very much appreciated.

All the best max

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Max,
I’ve tried to do similar things myself in the past and the although you can do this with Actions you’d need to make sure that the code you were running fall at the very end of the publishing process. If you wanted to do it with an Action then I’d suggest using folder Action applied to the root folder itself and checking to see if the page the code was running on is the last page in the site.

Personally I think you’ll have more success in keeping the whole thing out of Freeway. Although the application has very limited Applescript support it can still be told to open and publish the current site. Couple this with Balthisar Tidy and you should be able to tell Freeway to output the site to a given folder and then hand over to Balthisar Tidy to clean up or optimise the code from there.

Good luck with your tests.
Regards,
Tim.

On 3 Aug 2016, at 19:28, max email@hidden wrote:

I have been thinking about trying to automatically clean up and tidy the html output that freeway produces and whilst I was testing Balthisar Tidy I noticed that it can be run via apple script.
Has any one else run an applescript savvy application like this from within freeway as a way of tidying the exported html? or at least run something like this from within freeway? Any info about other peoples experience of doing something like this would be very much appreciated.

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Tim I was also thinking about just specifying a hot folder that Balthisar Tidy would monitor so whenever freeway publishes, tidy would see the new files , but from the tests Ive done its not quite that simple… basically Balthisar Tidy tries and tidy the none html/php files and in turn messes them up so I need to try and specify just the php/html files within the applescripts . I will carry on see where I get to and report back if I get any success.

Thanks Tim for the input

max

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden