[Pro] Safari font rendering issue

Hi,

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere (believe me, I’ve tried finding an answer), but I’m having an issue getting a font to render in Safari.

Details:
Using Freeway Pro
Installed Colfax-web desktop font (Colfax font family – Fonts, Process Type Foundry)
Font renders on Firefox and Chrome, but when previewing in Safari it defaults to Times

Am I missing something here? I’m relatively new to Freeway and haven’t touched on the CSS side of things? I’ve seen it mentioned, so I’m not sure if there is something more I need to add to this section?

If anyone could help I’d be really grateful.

Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Do you have a link to a web page (using this font) that we can look at?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The only thing I can think of is that the CSS file is pointing to the WOFF/OTF etc. files and they are not there, so the browser is falling back to what it knows.

In the case of Firefox and Chrome, they are falling back to the fonts on your system. In the case of Safari, it’s being much more strict and because it can’t find the file, it falls back to Times. This is actually more useful as you know there may be a problem with referencing the actual font files.

In safari, open the broken page. Right click somewhere and choose Show Page Source. The window will gain an inspector at the bottom. At the top, you may see a small red octagon with a number inside. That is telling you that there are page errors. Click on that and see if there are any 404 errors relating to font files (.woff, .otf etc.). Remember, references to these files in the CSS file will be relative to the CSS file, NOT the parent HTML file.

It will help immensely if you can put the problem site somewhere online where we can see the problem in action. Right now, the best we can do is guess what could be going wrong.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden