[Pro] ScriptyLightBox3 Overlay Sized to Text Content

Walter, this is really a question for you, but if anyone else knows I’d love to hear from you.

Here’s the SLB3 action:

http://actionsforge.com/actions/scriptylightbox3

Here’s how I use it:

1. Create a graphic on the page and apply the SLB3 action to it.
  2. Within the Actions palette, I tick “Use Page/URL as Target” and select the page in the popup below, and specify a Width and Height.

I know the SLB3 action works even if I don’t specify Width and Height in the Actions palette, but I cannot get the overlay content to appear sized according to its content. There’s a big space below my HTML text in the overlay.

For example, say I have a single HTML box of text. I want to make that text appear as an overlay above the same page when I click my SLB3 trigger. AND, I want the size of that overlay to be sized according to the text content. In other words, I don’t want a silly gap at the bottom, below my text (which is a problem because I need to specify a height of the page to which the SLB3 action links). I want my HTML text inside the overlay to be roughly the size of the overlay box itself, but with a 20px margin (gap) around top, bottom, left and right sides. If the text shrinks or expands, the overlay box should shrink and expand accordingly.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

When you link to a page (because pages don’t have any height to work with), the only options are to choose a height, or use nothing. When you choose nothing, the script defaults to 640 x 480 + some extra height for scroll bars if necessary. As Thomas is always saying, pages don’t actually have dimensions, and besides, their content cannot be measured from outside of the iframe that holds them. There’s no “there” there to wrap to. If it was an image, and I didn’t need to put it in an iframe, then I could measure it and shrink-wrap the player window around it.

Walter

On May 26, 2016, at 10:54 PM, JDW email@hidden wrote:

Walter, this is really a question for you, but if anyone else knows I’d love to hear from you.

Here’s the SLB3 action:

ScriptyLightbox3 - ActionsForge

Here’s how I use it:

1. Create a graphic on the page and apply the SLB3 action to it.
  2. Within the Actions palette, I tick “Use Page/URL as Target” and select the page in the popup below, and specify a Width and Height.

I know the SLB3 action works even if I don’t specify Width and Height in the Actions palette, but I cannot get the overlay content to appear sized according to its content. There’s a big space below my HTML text in the overlay.

For example, say I have a single HTML box of text. I want to make that text appear as an overlay above the same page when I click my SLB3 trigger. AND, I want the size of that overlay to be sized according to the text content. In other words, I don’t want a silly gap at the bottom, below my text (which is a problem because I need to specify a height of the page to which the SLB3 action links). I want my HTML text inside the overlay to be roughly the size of the overlay box itself, but with a 20px margin (gap) around top, bottom, left and right sides. If the text shrinks or expands, the overlay box should shrink and expand accordingly.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I see. I must take an educated guess about the overlay height, add a little extra gap at the bottom for safety, and then hope the text doesn’t increase in size such that it becomes hidden/cropped at the bottom:

Understood.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden